Friday, May 30, 2008

You'll have to excuse me...

For the quick post today...but I have a date with my big green lawn mower. We spent almost 3 hours together last night, but I am still not done! Ugh. To top it off it is raining off and on, making it even harder to mow! I am choosing not to complain (even though that sure sounds a lot like complaining) because having to mow, means that I have a great yard that we really do enjoy!

Here is another sneak peek from my gallery for June. I told you I have gone crazy with the sewing machine!! I love, love, LOVE that Scenic Route grid paper. I could use it on every page I think! It goes with everything. The photo on this page is one of my treasures. That little girl is an orphan from Myanmar. She was my little sidekick the entire trip, and never left my side. I will never forget leaving on the last day. She was holding my hand out of the window of the taxi and would not let go...running alongside the moving car. I was begging her to let go, because of the moving car and the situation being so dangerous. I looked in her eyes as she was sobbing and saw what each and every one of us is looking for. LOVE!!... plain and simple, someone to love us and be proud of us, and care for us, and to be there!! Even on the other side of the world, we are not so different. I only wish I could be there for her everyday and give her a hug and let her know how much I care! But I know that the Lord is there for her everyday and that is my comfort. Anyways..sorry to get sappy, but I just loved those orphans so much. They changed the way I see the world! For that I am grateful.

Have yourself and wonderful weekend!!

4 comments:

Just Call Me Grammy said...

The sneak peaks are so awesome I can't wait to see the whole projects. I LOVE your work!

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi,
thanks for the peek...
love that stitching! can't wait to see your gallery!
we are up at the cabin and we mowed
the tiny yard which is starting to
look very green. but it didn't take
very long.
i've been getting creative with fabric this afternoon. you'll see
what i've dreamed up sometime in
june.
nAnnA lYnn

Joy said...

Before I met my husband I always wanted to go overseas and work in an orphanage...what a wonderful ministry!

Angie said...

Loving all your sneak peaks! The stitch work looks GREAT! Can't wait to see more!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates