Saturday, May 31, 2008

Saturday's schedule...

play...play...play...play...play...play...play...play...play...play
love...love...love...love...love...love...love this girl!
It was a busy one today! Tanner had t-ball team pictures early this morning and then his first game at 10:00! In between I took him to have the "breakfast of champions" which is of course chocolate chip pancakes from the Busy Corner (a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant near us.) The game went pretty much like I expected it to. I told his coach at practice that my child would be the one to hit the ball and make a b-line for 3rd base instead of 1st. So Tanner got up to bat and what did he do (?) hit the ball and ran straight for 3rd!! I knew that he would! We have a lot of work ahead of us to get his "head in the game!" He also kind of sauntered instead of ran and so being the involved mom that I am, I stood out in the field with him while he fielded. Just to teach him what was going on and where he should be watching and where to throw the ball should it come his way. (Before you think I was overstepping my bounds...I was one of about 5 parents out there helping so I didn't feel out of place.) His coach had actually asked us to help him do that. Almost all of the kids needed direction. I kept reminding myself that this is just to teach him the game, and the rules and nothing more. They don't keep score, they don't have stike outs, every kid takes a turn playing different positions in the field...and so on.







After about the first 30 minutes Tanner had lost interest and so it was a good thing that he had a momma who didn't care if she looked weird out there playing games with him and making up songs to keep him focused! I laughed at him peeking through his glove...he looks thrilled huh??


After that it was to the grocery store and a couple of garage sales that the neighbors were having on the way home. We did buy ONE BIG purchase! A play house. They were practically giving it away, and I like the fact that it has very little pink on it. I don't have anything against the color pink, but it completely clashes with our red cabin! So the kids got right to work decorating it with my flower pots! And then they went swimming in our pool. We had a huge storm yesterday (yes mom, the basement flooded) but it was all okay and nothing got ruined or anything. The rain was coming down in buckets so the pool was FULL! And what did I do while all that splashing was going on...you might ask?? Weedeing of course, seems like that is all I do outdoors these days! (Oh and I finally finished the mowing...it only took me 3 days!! For Pete's sake!)

In Freehand Scraps news, the website will be updated tomorrow at 8:00 am CST and I am really excited!! It's looking great! You will be blown away by the designers galleries this month! So much inspiration! Hope you had some time to "play" today! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Cute kids. I really do miss them. Sounds like my idea of the perfect day. Play, fun, sports, and family of course. Cannot wait to see the gallery and the kit tomorrow. Love you,
Holly

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Just looked at the June gallery--it is great. My absolute favorite is the layout of you and your young friend in Myranmar. I like everything about it, and the layout really expresses so well how you feel.

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates