Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mother's Day...

Okay Mom...don't look unless you want to see what you're getting for Mother's Day!! (Maybe you should look, just in case you don't get it in time for your special day?)


Well I mailed off this little book today for my sweet mom today. (I HOPE you get it in time mom!!) It isn't a work of art or anything, but it does have a lot of meaning behind it! You just slide your pictures into the pre-made pages that are already journaled for you. It's called "Nothing like Grandma's Love" and I got it at Hallmark. In the back it has a place to journal about your memories, so I interviewed the kids and wrote their responses there. I asked them what their favorite things about nana were. They came up with some pretty great answers! And then they both put a little drawing in that section for her too! I think it's a cute book and has some of my favorite pictures of the kids from the last year or so.


Here is the card I made her.


I used the fabric polka dot paper (from the March kit) to cover the Maya Road chipboard lady. The vintage book page is from the February kit, and the bosher is also from the March kit. It's simple, but cute I think.

I had to take Tanner today for a school evaluation and he insisted that Chloe and I come in with him, since he didn't know the school or the teacher. He is absolutely distraught about leaving his beloved teachers classroom and not having her for a teacher next year. So Chloe looks right at the teacher and says: "I can count the blue squares for you. See Tanner you just do it like this." Tanner is hiding behind me the whole time, too embarrased to make eye contact with the teacher. So Chloe counts the blue squares, names her colors and shapes, and I have to say..I think she's *almost* ready for kindergarten too! (Of course she's only 3 so that isn't an option.) So finally I tell him that if he finishes with the teacher then I will take them to play on the playground outside. Well, let me just tell you that he did a good job, and we were done in no time! Yes, I resorted to bribery, but it still works on 5 year olds! Luckily!

1 comments:

Heidi Stork said...

I got it and emailed you back Terri! We'll talk soon. Thanks again, Heidi

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates