Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My house comes equipped with...

Six acres of land...not all of that is yard, some of it is weeds and forest, but it seems it's mostly weeds. Gagillions of weeds. I worked on some weeding today (how did you ever guess?) I am getting ready to plant my flowers and so we went today to the flower store and I tried to pick out things that will grow well here in Illinois. I really don't know much about what grows well here except that it is HOT and HUMID in the summer. I sure hope the flowers I got like that! They all tell you if they like the sun or part sun, or shade, but really I just wanted the little tag to say "this one likes it really hot and humid." SOLD! I also had the task of mowing for the first time this year. Oh my, I don't think I should admit to how many hours it took me. But I can tell you it was over 4! I really don't mind mowing and was happy and thankful that at least I have a riding mower. I can't imagine hoofing it behind a push mower! I hope no professional perfectionist mowing people look too closely, because my lines aren't really straight and I had to make a LOT of circles because I missed big chunks...oops! It's funny, there is something about mowing that just is really satisfying. I had such a sense of accomplishment when I finished and stood back to admire the fruit of my labor. I even asked the kids if they thought it looked nice...but they went straight back to playing in their empty swimming pool. (Man, even without water those plastic pools can be hours of entertainment!) So the yard does look pretty fabulous when it's done. Now on the list is to plant! I hope our local wildlife doesn't eat them, I would be so bummed!




In Freehand Scraps news I am receiving some really great projects from our Design Team hopefuls! I spent at least an hour today scouring all of the great layouts and projects, so thanks ladies for the inspiration! You are great, and just to let you know, I won't be posting any here on the blog, so you don't have to worry about the projects you have up for publication. I would for sure contact you for your permission if I ever wanted to do something like that. Keep them comin'! Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Your flowers look beautiful. Glad you got mowing once under your belt. I certainly wouldn't worry about straight lines, I suppose that is why Andy prefers that I don't mow :-)

Holly said...

Heidi,
Sounds as if things are really busy for you. Hope that all is well in hot and humid land....Love the flowers.

Holly

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates