Monday, May 12, 2008

Blessed...

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend, I had a great day! (Thanks Christy...love, love, love the card set and how thoughtful you are!) I ended up scrapbooking Saturday and making a little headway on a few projects, which is always a good feeling. After church we had lunch with friends at Chipotle, and it was really yummy. I haven't eaten there in forever, so it was a treat!

I thought I would share the mini book I worked on Saturday. It's of Chloe's 3rd birthday. I found that cool vinatge "three" from the cover at my local Ace Hardward and I think they were 25 cents. I bought a few other number words...like "thirty" even though I haven't scrapbooked using it yet. I just love using the non-traditional supplies on my pages!! (I am going to apologize for the not-so-great pictures...I was rushing to get them taken before dark.)

We had a luau party and she loved it!
The album is by Basic Grey and it's a 6X12 size. This is the first time I've made an album this size and I am liking it!
I used Scenic Route, Love Elsie, and even a little Heidi Swapp on these first 2 pages.
I love chipboard buttons! And the Love Elsie rub-ons were really cute too! I used my square punch for the small photos on the left. This is a great tool to use when you have a LOT of photos from an event. I had several to choose from for this book, and liked the way it looked placing one square of cardstock in the group, just to mix it up a little.


(This, by the way is my darling neice Halle, and Chloe's best friend in the whole world!) Anyway, there is still much more that needs to be added, but I am off to a good start!

Happy Monday!


3 comments:

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi--
the book is adorable. very very
creative using the oldie three
on the cover. where did you get
the chipboard buttons? they're
very cool.
talk to you soon.
lYnn

Just Call Me Grammy said...

The book is adorable! Hey we had to change the crop from the 23rd to this coming Friday the 16th. Sorry about the last minute change--hope you can come!

Trish said...

love the book-glad I found your blog!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates