Monday, May 26, 2008

I heart these...

Look who showed up at our front door yesterday??? Aren't they the cutest things you've ever seen? They wandered up to our doorstep and hung out for a few minutes so I was able to snap a few photos. They were NOT shy around us at all, and there were no parental racoon units in sight. So I think they may have been hungry? It was all I could do not to give them a little something to eat...I am such an "animal person."

Especially since I was thinking they might have been orphans?! The kids kept asking me if we could give them a slice of bread or something and so we talked about how the momma's and daddies are sometimes aggresive. And how we don't want this to turn into the racoon restaurant, because the word would spread! I told them that since we live next to a rather busy road that it would be dangerous for them, and that really you shouldn't ever feed wild animals, because it confuses them. I think Chloe may have gotten the idea that the adult racoons were scary, because she explained to me that she really loved the babies, but that she was for sure "allergic" to their momma's! I laughed out loud. She is hilarious!
I snapped this photo of Tanner this morning...he is really into wearing hats right now and it seems to me that I am seeing this expression a lOt around my house right now. He just looks so grown up to me! Almost like a teenager?? What I do know right now, is that I am NOT ready for teenagers at my house yet!
In Freehand Scraps news, I am still receiving design team applications and am having a ball looking through everyones work! There is some serious talent out there...so great work those of you who entered!! I think I will leave it open until the second week in June and then announce the outcome. So keep those projects coming, I look forward to it! Hope you and yours are having a wonderful Memorial Day!

1 comments:

Just Call Me Grammy said...

I love the picture of the kids and the babies nose to nose. Good call not feeding!!! Also a very cute picture of Tanner--unfortunately won't take long until the teenage years hit your house. Time with the kids flies by!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates