Thursday, May 22, 2008

"ABrOad"

I was taking photos today of the June kit ("ABrOad") to update the website with and was thinking of how much harder it is to take pictures of inatimate objects than say...people. The only thing harder to photograph is an infant, in my opinion. I had come across some old cameras that I knew I wanted to incorporate into the pictures of the kit, since it's travel themed. The saleslady cracked me up, she said, "if they don't work, you can bring them back..." (keep in mind that these are ancient cameras that were covered in filth!) And I said oh I don't need them to work, I am just going to clean them up and take pictures of them. She must have thought I was a crazy person! Nice Heidi...oh well.


I guess here's another sneak peek of what's to come for June. I have been having lots of fun making projects with this one!! I may have to post another little peek of one of my projects. Even though this is a travel themed kit, the 2 page spread I just made is of Chloe's first haircut...proving that you don't have to have pictures of an exciting vacation to use this one!

And here's a funny story about Tanner. On Monday at Chloe's gymnastics class he was playing with another little girl who was older than him by probably a couple years. After they had introduced themselves to each other, he was trying to talk her into coming over and meeting me. He said to her, do you see her over there? She's the really beautiful girl sitting right there. And then he introduced me as his "beautiful mother." Awwwww, is it any wonder that we would walk through fire for our children? Taking into consideration that I don't think he really understands the concept of beauty, I can only hope that he will always think of me as a beautiful person. (Until he figures it out that I am no beauty.)

Hope you are having a great day and NOT having to take pictures of cameras. LOL.

2 comments:

Just Call Me Grammy said...

The kit looks great. What a sweet comment from Tanner--he knows what he is talking about.

Joy said...

:) My hubby and I have started a small collection of old cameras...they just look so interresting!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates