Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Thank you card...

Just wanted to share a quick card I made using May's kit "The Thicket." It's a thank you for Wilna our guest designer for May. (Hope you don't see this early Wilna!) I knew that I wanted to use that cute deer on a card!! I also decorated the envelope with some of the trims from the kit. I thought it turned out pretty cute and it only took me like 15 minutes to make!



I think that sheer dot ribbon is one of my all-time favorites!! The journaling spots are by Pink Paislee. The background paper is Scenic Route and the deer paper is of course Sassafras Lass.
I added a little of the netting to the outside of the envelope and also the ric rac from the kit. I am liking the monochromatic look of it!
Did I mention the boy really likes hats??? And of course 2 hats are definitely better than one! He specifically asked me to take a picture of him like this...so funny!

Hope you had a wonderful Tuesday!! Smiles to you!

5 comments:

Carol said...

cute card!! and yes, two hats are better than one, or so my son thinks as well !!

katie said...

that's a really cute card!

i wanted to enter for the design team contest today, but we're leaving to go on vaca tonight, so we've been super busy. so as soon as we get back, i'll send my stuff on over.

<3katie

Holly said...

cute card, I am sure Wilna will love it. Love the hats and love that boy! Hugs to you all...

Holly

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi,
the card is really great...and so
is the envelope. i also like the monochromatic look...it's kind of classy.
when you wear a hat it totally
changes your look so two hats is a
complete makeover! love you tanner
and chloe.
nAnnA lYnn

Angie said...

What a CUTE card! I LOVE it!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates