Thursday, May 15, 2008

May Newsletter!

I sent out the May newsletter today...but just in case you didn't receive it, I'll post it here also. I seriously could have included every picture of Wilna's project...love, love, love what she did!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hi there!

Wow! What an unbelievable month May has been so far! I was truly inspired this month by the one and only Wilna Furstenberg! Wilna is our guest designer for May and came up with a wonderful little book that showcases "The Thicket" aka our May scrapbooking kit.




I had the chance to meet her little girls at the Scrap Etc. event and they are angels, I loved these pictures of them! Wilna did such an amazing job! Make sure to check out her entire gallery...there are 37 pictures total!!

I absolutely fell in LOVE with these darling papers from Sassafras Lass! I of course added a few elements that are non-traditional scrapbook supplies to the kit, like a 12x12 sheet of cream netting, some office supplies, and fabric. Our exclusive product this month is a handmade wool felt flower that was lovingly made by my mom for each kit. She is Mrs. Creative! It coordinates perfectly with the ribbons in the kit, and I was blown away by how each of the designers used theirs in a different way. I wish I could send you all 10 of these, they are just so cute!

If you haven't seen it, click here:
http://www.freehandscraps.com/

I am so excited about the upcoming June kit also. You are going to love it! It has fun colors and the funky vibe that I love. It has a travel theme to help get you ready for some of those vacation photos you'll be cropping, but it would also be great for scrapbooking your "journey." Even if you aren't taking a big vacation this year (like me) we are all on a journey through life. Why not take some time to document where you are in life, and where you want to go...or "if you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?" So many options really! Do I have the wheels turning your head yet??

Finally, we are having our first design call here at Freehand Scraps!! I am really excited about this. So if you LOVE to scrapbook...and would like to enter, here are the entry rules. Send me pictures of 3 of your favorite layouts that you've made plus one altered project or card. Really anything that you think is your best work...you know, the projects you want to show off to all of your family and friends? I am really looking forward to seeing what amazing talent you all have! So send your submissions to
heidiyesamen@hotmail.com along with your name and address. Hopefully we'll be able to announce the winners next month, and then start show casing their work this summer. Inspire us!!

So thanks so much for your support of Freehand Scraps! We absolutely have the best customers! You make my job so much fun! Have a wonderful day!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Look for a sneak peek of what's to come in the June kit tomorrow! See you then!

0 comments:

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates