Saturday, May 24, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend...

Busy, busy, busy! I finally planted my flowers and they are looking kind of smallish in the giant barrell containers they call home now. I hope they will fill in soon! I might have to give them some Miracle Grow!! I almost took a picture of my hands covered in dirt because I love the way that looks. REAL gardeners don't wear gloves...I mean come on. But since they were absolutely caked with mud...I couldn't pick up my camera! I really do LOVE to garden and to play in dirt...it must be the kid in me. As kids, we used to have dirt clod wars with the neighbor-kids. Good times. Good times.

I also took some time last night to make a graduation card for a friend of ours. I used the June kit and think it turned out pretty cute. I stitched around the entire card and made a pocket by folding up the paper up from the bottom. I used my handy dandy circle punch and some of the Scenic Route chipboard circles. I just machine stitched in circles around a few of the circles and then embellished a Bazzill envelope with his name. I am giving him a few gift cards to fast food restaurants so I used the fork and knife chipboard next to his name. (This will be in my gallery next month on the website.) It says "way to GO! Congratulations"

This morning we had Tanner's first t-ball practice and I must say that he looked the part standing out there in the field in his new (thrift store) cleats. Thanks mom! The kids were really shy at first, but his coach seems to be a great guy and had a really positive attitude. He had them running bases shouting at each base which one it was. I laughed out loud when one little boy (very smart) couldn't understand why home plate wasn't called first base. Good reasoning skills I thought?! After all it is where you start first.
Afterwards the kids played on the playground and had a ball.

Getting a picture of them these days seems to be impossible! They just don't want to hold still, or they make goofy faces, but at least in these pictures you can see that they are really happy. And that should count for something...right? I should have taken a picture of her while I was planting flowers. She was over playing in the pool (which mind you I had not filled with water) but what I was not aware of, is that it had gotten some water in it from all the rain we got yesterday. The next thing I knew I looked up and saw her standing in the pool wearing nothing but her rainboots and splashing around in like an inch of water. It was a little warmer today, maybe in the low 70's but definitely not warm enough for NO clothes! I think she is the silliest girl in the world. Hope that you have a wonderful holiday weekend!

1 comments:

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi,
thanks for sharing the cute kids
stories. since we're long distance..
it's almost like a visit! can't wait
to go to keewanee someday...i like
junking adventures. the AbrOAd kit
looks like it will be great from the
peek...and the cameras---i love!
they were a great find.
talk to you soon.
nAnnA lYnn

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates