Monday, February 18, 2008

February Kit...

Well I finally played again with my February kit. I had a good friend come over in the evening and I was "forced" to get something done. LOL I don't think she had to twist my arm. As we sat there working while my kids napped I mentioned how much fun this hobby is. I get such a sense of accomplishment for each project completed. I really have soo much product left to play with I could make a few more things!! But this is what I accomplished last night...






The pink/black layout is a somewhat blurry photo of my daughter and niece playing princesses. I loved the way they were silhouetted in the window, and looked like little angels. I cut a heart from the fabric in the kit and sewed it on, and then cut 2 smaller hearts from the pattern on the fabric and attached those with glue dots. I sewed the Heidi Swapp journaling spots across the bottom to add my journaling and then sewed a few flourishes to finish it off. The "i love you" is cut from the card (that's included in the kit) and I also unfolded the card and cut off the top of the heart to make the scalloped-edged pink photo mat. I liked the variation of just using it as a card/or altering it to make something completely different.




The next project I worked on was using the heart-shaped Bazzill cardstock. I made a page of Chloe picking dandelions. This summer was so funny, how everywhere we were she picked every dandelion in sight for me. By the end of the day I would have a handful, or a pile on the kitchen counter, or a little stack on the dash board. And she wasn't satisfied until she had picked ALL of them. I really liked the effect I got using the reverse side of the KI lace cardstock (the white side.) I think it looks like a doily that you would really see on a Valentine.




I used the Elsie epoxy stickers to accentuate some of the dots on the lace cardstock. I also needed a little bit of white for the journaling and title, so I used the cardstock behind the Elsie epoxy stickers (the actual packaging.) It was white with blue grid lines on it. The red line at the bottom of the title is just a part of the design on the packaging and it is shiny which was kind of fun. (Definitely use your slick writer, or you'll be sorry.) Anyways it was fun to make and I liked the way it turned out. So Christy (my scrapbook partner last night) wondered how I would put this kind of a layout into my album since it isn't a true 12X12 size. Of course there is the obvious: mount it onto a solid color cardstock and put it in the page protector. OR I was thinking it would be fun to decorate the other side, so that you could just slide it into the page protector and have both sides completed. I think I might try that. To solve the problem of it sliding around in there and looking funny I thought I would put clips on the top of the page protector holding the heart. But you could even staple it so it would stay put, or sew it into the page protector. The ideas are endless. So I challenge you to set aside some time to create this week...(of course using your Freehand Scraps kit!) and you'll feel better because you did! I promise.

**by the way if you click on the images they will enlarge so you can see the details up-close*


2 comments:

nAnnAlYnn said...

very cool layouts... the lace heart looks great and i love the stitching!
lYnn

{ Yu'er } said...

very nice LO, I especially adore the way you used the lace pp on the heart, beautiful!!! I'm glad that I followed a few link and get here.
Emily

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates