Monday, February 4, 2008

Business as usual...


Do you ever get to Monday and wish you didn't have quite so much on your agenda. That is Monday every week for me! Tanner to preschool, grocery shopping, first batch of kits in the mail (woohoo!) guitar lesson, all with 15 minutes left before preschool pick up. So what did we do?? We hit our little local thrift store called the "Etcetera Shop" which is 2 blocks from Tanners school. All of the profits they make go to children around the world in need. All of their employees volunteer their time. So it's a great place to shop, and the prices are unbeatable! I always just go to browse and I seem to always find some treasures. Today I bought this vintage childrens desk with a nice little price tag of $3.00. I also found a cool desk organizer, also $3.00. A little scrap of floral shelf liner paper for 15 cents. My total bill came to $7.78! I do love to shop. Usually it's a mad dash home from preschool to outfit Chloe in leotard and leg warmers for tumbling class. However, I got a call from her sweet teacher saying that they were cancelling classes due to severe fog. The weather here has been a part of the last couple of posts so I won't go there today. I'll just say that the kids were afraid that we wouldn't be able to find our way home in the fog the visibility was so poor! It really was beautiful and I should have taken some time to take some photos of it. I love the look of fog in photographs. I have one picture I took years ago at the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco where they are famous for their fog, and it literally looks like the bridge disappears into the fog. It's a very magical effect. I hope that you had a good start to your work week, and I am lookind forward to a less chaotic Tuesday! Good evening.

1 comments:

Heidi Stork said...

Thanks Lynn,
The desk needs a little TLC but will be great for the kids to work at...instead of at my desk! I learned a new song at guitar today and felt like I was actually getting pretty good...wait until he gives me more bar chords to work on and I will be shot back down to reality that it will take me FOREVER to learn what needs to be learned. But I am improving and that is what counts!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates