Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Beeeea-utiful!


Well we woke up to some snow this morning and it was just like a "fairytale land" as Chloe likes to say. Everything looked like it had just been dusted with powdered sugar. It was beautiful and we had the whole day home together. I think this is the prettiest snow we have gotten this year! We only got around 3 inches, which is wonderful...it's just enough to play in, but not too much to shovel and drive in. I spent the afternoon and evening putting together the kits for March...and I must say that they are cute, cute, cute! The March kit is packed with goodies. Lots of fun things to play with and get creative with. I was going through pictures of what I would use this kit for and really and truly could NOT decide. It just about went with all of them...birthday, travel, winter, school, Easter, they just worked! One of my friends plans to scrapbook her honeymoon pictures with the kit...yep I told you it was versatile! (*By the way Christy...you are the BEST...thank you so much for all of your help today!!!)

Here is one of the pictures that I am planning to use the kit with. It's a picture from our trip a year ago to Myanmar, South East Asia. We worked at the Love Children's Home which is the orphanage that our church supports. I don't think you could really call it work though...there was too much fun and LOVE involved to consider it labor. These kids have just stolen my heart...and to get to see my own children interact with them on this trip was incredible. I had been once before I had children, and the second time around with a 2 and 3 year old in tow was a totally different story. I have gobs of pictures to scrapbook from that trip, so I am determined to get them started. (I have a whole album made from my first trip there.)

This is in the taxi that took us to and from the orphanage every day. It was about a 45 min. drive one way. (Isn't she a good sister??) This picture just melts my heart! This photo was taken almost exactly a year ago...and I cannot believe the change in both of the kids. All I did was blink and it is a year later. Definitely one of the perks of having my kids 18 months apart is they are the best of friends. They take care of each other. They are great playmates, and I am so thankful that I will always have this photograph to remember their deep love for each other. (I may have to pull out this photograph when they are teenagers and NOT the best of friends.) But for now, I'll cherish these tender moments. (And make a scrapbook page about it of course!)

1 comments:

nAnnAlYnn said...

hey heidi,
wow...just look at your snow! it's
getting warmer here and march is our snowiest month in CO...but even so...it's time to get out the rabbits, eggs (one of my favorite shapes) and spring flowers.
love those pictures of the kids in myanmar and your two that are such good friends. what a priceless moment in time.
can't wait to see your layouts from
the kit papers in march.
lYnn

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates