Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Busy, busy...

Well, it was another productive day around here. Lots accomplished...I was even tempted to get the car washed, but there is still too much slush on the ground. If you saw my car though...I should have washed it anyway. LOL. It seems that everytime I take the time to wash the car, we get rain, or snow or a nice mix of both, increasing my frustration.

Thought I would share a funny picture I ran accross the other day. I took this because there is evidence everywhere I look that the kids have been there. Most mornings when I pull on my boots there are squishy lizards and plastic animals who have spent the night in the cozy toe of my shoe. Tripping over toys throughout the day, and finding the kids belongings in unusual places. Like my purse, my coat pockets, and EVERYWHERE in the house. This penguin spent the day in the pantry (Tanner painted him all by himself.) The reason I photographed it is so I can remember this sweet time of having little ones. The day will soon come when there won't be stuffed animals and fairytale land to pick up. I will no longer find a toy snake tucked under my pillow, or find penguins in the pantry.
I want to cherish this time in their lives (in my life) and soak it all in. I don't want to hurry along and forget about all of the wonderful things that are happening RIGHT now. I want to document these ordinary, everyday things that to me are just as important as the first day of school and the first tooth they lose. This is where life happens, in these moments, and it may not make sense to some, but for me this brings my focus back to what's really important. Really, isn't everyday life beautiful?

0 comments:

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates