Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Thoughts...

Today I worked, cooked, painted my toenails, drove to the post office, got the mail, paid a bill, played, read a story, flipped through a magazine, filed papers, called numerous people, received a big package, laid the kids down for their naps, folded laundry, washed sheets (finally took my flannel ones off...it is June!!), gave the kids a bath, played beauty parlor, sent lots of emails, organized the kids art box, had to discipline kids, cleaned off my desk...well it's mostly cleaned off, listened to music, helped clean up a LOT of toys, prayed, fed the dog, built a puzzle with the kids, did the dishes, and made dinner!! All to wake up tomorrow morning and do it all over again. Sometimes it makes me tired and makes me feel weary, but today it just makes me grateful! Happy to have so many responsibilities, happy to have a full life, happy to have the strength to do it all. My one thought is that the word "homemaker" just does not do this job description justice. Someone should come up with a better title than that...I think we deserve it!



Also I have a funny Tanner story to share. He told me all about "Moe the mouse who likes to stay up all night long!" That was pretty much the whole story line, that Moe liked to never go to bed...gee sounds a little like a 5 year old that lives in my house?? He also told the lady at the video store this weekend when we left "have yourself a good day, and also just to take good care of yourself." She smiled and laughed...he is a character! His new fascination is going to the gas station, only because he has seen HOW MUCH CANDY they have at the register. So most days if we are out running errands he'll tell me that he thinks the "car is really getting thirsty and it's going to stop running if we don't go to the gas station." Mmmm...I should have never shown them the inside of of a convenience store!

Hope you are having a great day!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Sounds like you had a busy day! I think it's too cute what your son says about the gas station! Mine is only 2 but I can only imagine what he will say as he gets older!

Isabelle said...

wow! you are one busy lady! You ds sounds adorable! my 3.5 yr old sometimes says the cutest things too, you wonder where they come up with some of these things?!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates