Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thanks!!

First I have to say thanks so much to everyone who commented on the new look of the blog! You all made my day, and I must give the credit to Today's Creative Blog (the link is on my sidebar) where I found this cute template! I didn't mind the old look, it just wasn't "me" if you know what I mean. A little bland, and not very bright and cheery. This one is just perfect!

I am always looking for inspiration everywhere I go. Wether I'm driving and I see the perfect old brick wall to use as a backdrop for a photo shoot, or I'm at a junk store sifting through notions to find the perfect old zipper for a mini book, or I see an ad that inspires journaling for my pages, I can be inspired almost anywhere. The last time my mom came to visit we had to stop at our favorite antique stores, of course. As I was walking around looking at the mix of old and new I saw some painted signs, and I loved what they said. I don't know who these words of wisdom came from, or I would credit the author, but I thought they were worth sharing. I jotted them down in my small notebook I carry in my purse.

"Life is a promise...fulfill it.
Life is a song...sing it.
Life is a challenge...meet it.
Life is a dream...live it."
Quotes like this always remind me to dream big. It's good to see life from this perspective. We get so caught up in the daily details of life that we rarely spend time thinking about the whole picture. I am happy to say that I have my dream job right now. And I totally agree that life is a promise, that I wasn't just put on this earth to take up space...but that I have a purpose that is only for me. No one else can accomplish what God has for me...but ME!
The second quote that I loved said:
"The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary."
Isn't this the truth?? So many people want to have it the other way around. But secretly I think if it wasn't a lot of "work" it wouldn't be savored as something so sweet. It means so much more when you have invested yourself into something, and then to see it succeed makes it that much more valuable. I have several books filled with quotes, and when I can't think of something to say on a page, they always come in handy. I also love to use song lyrics also on my pages.
So next time your running around, busy with life, take a minute to look around you on purpose...and try to see all of the inspiration that surrounds us everyday. Then use it to document your memories! My life is definitley a "challenge" like the quote says...but I am up for it, and ready to meet it! Hope you have a great day!

0 comments:

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates