Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Powers ON!

Well we had been without power since Sunday afternoon and they just got it back on last night around 10:00 pm. Hallelujah! I was going crazy, not being able to do business, check email, get my shipping done, and just work in general! (We were also without water...which was just wrong on so many levels! Much worse not having water, than not having electricity!) So we had a funny couple of days...between my 3 candles and 2 flashlights to help us find our way around. Of course after the first night, we could only find one of the flashlights because the kids had misplaced it. We played a lot of games and did a lot of puzzles, and read a gazillion books, and really that was the silver lining in all of it. We spent some great quality time together. I have read on some other blogs about taking a day and just unplugging. Meaning I guess trying to use no electricity, and not having all of the distraction of emails, and TV, and music, etc. But my kids just cried that they didn't have nightlights!! We went to bed early last night and when the power company called to say it was finally back on, I went and turned on the kids nightlights and fans and then did a little dance to celebrate. I will NEVER take the electricity for granted again. NEVER.

So because of the powerlessness around here I may need to announce the design team winners a little later in the week. I am just about ready to burst! I don't like keeping secrets. So get ready for the big news a little later this week! I did go back through each and every entry again today and looked at everyones work one more time just to review and I think we have it pretty much settled...so that's coming soon!

Since I didn't get to post on Father's Day (which I really had my heart set on doing) I wanted to just tell my padre that he is the BeSt! I am one of the luckiest girls in the world to have the dad I have! I love you so much dad, and want to thank you for all that you have done for me, and for loving me unconditionally! I think that there should be more than one day a year to honor you! Because you certainly deserve it! (Here are some more pictures of his little book I made him.)






Okay I have tried 3 times to upload the rest of the pictures and it isn't working for me for some reason, so I'll have to try again tomorrow! Hope you had a wonderful Father's Day and have a great night!

6 comments:

Angie said...

Oh my word I can't even imagine what I would do w/o electricity that long...go stir crazy I'm sure. Did you have alot of food that went bad...that is one thing I would worry about how to keep all the food cold.

Anyways I'm glad your alright, I was wondering...you had not posted in a few days! Sounds like you did an amazing job keeping the kids occupied!

That album turned out just precious! Makes me want to give acrylic a try!

Joy said...

That is NUTS! :) Glad the power is back!

Barb said...

I don't quite know which would be worse. . . no water or no power! Glad you're back in business.

Can't wait to hear who the lucky and talented DT is.

Michele H. said...

So glad to hear your power is back!

Very cute mini album!! What a wonderful gift for your dad!!

Can't wait to see who the new DT is:)

Just Call Me Grammy said...

I love the book for your dad. The scrapping was great, of course, but I especially love the things you wrote. I am sure it is a gift that will be cherished FOREVER!

Holly said...

Great album Heidi, I saw dad showing it off to everyone on Sunday and he was beaming and trying to hold back some tears. Very sweet and hard to beat with my Hallmark card. I love you and am glad that the power is back on in your world.

Talk soon,

Holly

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates