Friday, June 6, 2008

Project and the zoo...

Today we had a fun outing with Tanner's best bud Marcus and my friend Karen to the zoo. Much to my dismay...I forgot my camera!! How is that possible.?? I usually have it with me almost always! When I asked the kids what their favorite part was Tanner of course said the toy store...meaning the gift shop. Although he really seemed to be excited about the animals too! Chloe's favorite part was riding on the carousel. She rode on a giraffe...and it was a really cute giraffe. (WHY did I forget my camera...kicking myself right now!) She also made me go back a second time for her to groom the goats. They have brushes out for you to comb their fur and she sat with one of the babies for a good 15 minutes just talking softly to him and brushing his back very gently. They also had the cutest ugly pig in the pen with the goats. I have always wanted a pig...I don't know why, because I am sure that they are really messy and that would bother me. Both of the kids said as we left "Mom, isn't this the best day all summer?!" We all agreed we had fun!



I finished up this layout yesterday that I had started, using the May kit "the Thicket." (By the way I have ONE more kit that I can sell...so let me know if any of you are interested? Email me at heidi@freehandscraps.com.) The only thing I used that wasn't in the kit were the Prima gigham flower petals, and the tab at the top is by Pink Paislee.

Finally, Tanner had a great hit at his t-ball game last night. He was up to bat the second time and knocked it past the pitcher almost to the outfield. He looked over at me...surprised that it had gone that far...and then took off running. He batted clean up and had a hard time remembering to run around all of the bases instead of stopping at each one. LOL. He collapsed (his idea of sliding) at home plate for fun. T-ball is really funny to watch!!

Hope you are having a great start to your weekend!

3 comments:

Amanda Smith said...

That page is soooo CUTE! I love the gingham flower petals and how you used the crate paper brads for the center and the leaf. The painting around the outside is great too! I love it! Hope you are having a great weekend - talk to you soon, I hope!

Love ya,
Mandy

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Beautiful page. I had a pet pig at my grandpas farm when I was growing up. I would call her name and she would come running (as well as a pig can run) up to the fence to see me. All was well until she had to go to market. I wasn't too happy with grandpa and didn't get attached to another pig!

Hope to see you Friday--Karen said she thought she was coming.

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi,
the page is adorable... and the flower is so so cute. thanks for
sharing the zoo and t-ball stories
too. i can see the collapse (slide)
in my mind's eye...tanner being
tanner. i really miss those kids.
sandy made some GREAT cards with your
kit papers. she plans to send them
to you (e-mail). talk to you tomorrow. love you,
nAnnAlYnn

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates