Wednesday, July 15, 2009

When no one is around....

I have had the journaling for this layout written for a year and a half!! Back then when I found myself all of the sudden single again...I had lots of time alone, when the kids were napping or had gone to bed. I was thinking one night about how I really needed to get to know myself all over again. The idea for this page was thought of...the journaling was written...and I am just now finally getting to put it in the scrapbook. NO...this is not my most prized possession layout...neither does it have super-deep meaning. It's just a part of my story I wanted to tell. That's all.

Here's the little list I had written...it's going to feel so good to throw it in the trash now that it's documented. My scrap desk isn't that big!
Here is the layout in progress...I decided it needed some paint splattered on it since it was pretty simple...so I covered the photo block and added a little.
The finished project...

I used the Pink Paislee acrylic alphabet that I loved...and finally bought the other day for the title in the bottom corner.
The stickers are Hallmark "stickeroni" LOL. They were a little funky and work on this random page! I still have another sheet of them left, which I'm sure I'll never use. The butterfly was punched from the vintage map in my July kit! And the cool fabric flower and patterned paper is also by Pink Paislee!
I decided after my photo and stickers were stuck down to splatter paint...a word to the wise...do it before anything is stuck down! LOL
Hope you had a great day! Off to give the kids a bath! I also will be working on a mid-month newsletter...can't believe it's already the 15th? Where does the time go?

5 comments:

Holly said...

Love this layout Heidi...very cool with the paint-love the stamps and the stickers-just all of it! Thanks for sharing! keep telling the story only you can tell!

Stacey said...

Wonderful layout. I love that you kept the journaling for all that time and you were able to use it now. Amazing details!

em said...

Love those stamps!

Lexi said...

REALLY like how you turned your pic...and the ink sprays...you KNOW I like that :) And the typed journaling strips. Great design!!

Michelle*G said...

This LO is fab! What a great idea.

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates