Monday, July 13, 2009

Some Mad Hope!

Here's a layout I finished the other night...I was up way too late painting and stitching, but I was having too much fun to stop! (Thanks to my sister for keeping me company! Since we are a few states away from each other...it's fun to "crop" together sometimes over the phone!) To most of you this is probably a weird title for a page...but while I was working I was listening to Matt Nathanson, whose album is named "Some Mad Hope." I thought it was perfect for how I am feeling right now. I am so full of hope and am crazy blessed in my life right now. The picture of the rainstorm that is featured was just a random shot I took from the edge of a cornfield. I had one of those moments...I don't think I will ever forget where I was at, what I was doing and how I felt right then. When the whole world is crashing down around you...in the world around you (hello bad economy) in your personal life (enough said) you look around for some PEACE! (Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do no see.")
My faith pulls me through every time!! When you look hard enough for God in your situation...you can find Him. That's a promise!
The patterned paper is ancient Basic Grey and looks very grungy and that is the look I was going for. Chipboard letters are by Heidi Swapp...I have SO much of her product!
These felt hearts were another thing my sweet mom sent me. I used 3 of them...since I have a little family of 3. It's a little symbolic that they are stitched together...just like we are.

The "hope" rub-on which I used directly on the photo are from an Ali Edwards Creating Keepsakes kit, as well as the ones I used on the journaling pocket.
I used my Slick Writer to journal underneath the HOPE rub-on.
I like the way it turned out in the end. It was the first time I only painted a few of the letters in my title. I thought it added some visual interest. Hope you all had a great start to your week! I am planning another giveaway for this week! Stay tuned!

4 comments:

em said...

That is a great layout title/album title! I have some Matt Nathanson on my ipod...I'll have to re-check it out!!

Lexi said...

Had just downloaded songs from that album a few weeks ago! Love to put it on shuffle and scrap to it :)

Just Call Me Grammy said...

I like it :o)

maryboys said...

i think the title is simply wonderful...i get it:) love your work and i'm enjoying following your blog.

mary

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates