Friday, July 10, 2009

Mower girl!!

I am officially mower girl. We have 6 acres of land here (NO, I don't have to mow all of that!) some of it is trees, but a lot of it is grass. I actually like to mow...I have been doing it since I was a little girl, it's relaxing and rewarding to see how nice it looks once it's all cut. But ever since I have had to mow this ginormous yard, I can't help but complain a little about how much time it takes! I thought about putting in a big garden to cut down on the grass I would have to mow, only to realize I would have a lot more weeding to do. So it's still all grass. Yesterday when I mowed I saw...3 rabbits...2 frogs (which barely escaped with their lives!!) a dead bird (I think it hit the window) and a dead snake! It's a good thing I saw the snake as I was finishing...it was very traumatic! If you know me...then you know that snakes are my #1 fear!! I had to take some deep breaths and remind myself that I am bigger than a little snake and also that it was dead...which was a very good thing, because I ran over it twice with the mower just to be sure!! So once I finally finished whining about all the work I had to do in the yard...I watched my kids and the dog running around wild and free and I thanked the Lord for this yard. They LOVE it! And a big yard is better than NO yard at all. (Oh, and they aren't afraid of anything out in the yard...except bugs! Go figure!) But as my jounaling reads "If I had a million dollars the first thing I would do is get someone to mow the yard!"
That cool fabric flower is another fun thing from the Donna Downey fabric line by Prima. Comes exactly like this...I just attached it to my page!

I also stitched across my letter stickers in the title for fun. I was using scraps I had laying around. This was a fun, quick page.
I took this picture and posted it on my facebook account and all my friends commented about my blue toenails. So funny!
Hope you had a great Friday!! I got to go to a crop tonight and work with the upcoming August kit! So fun!! I've gotta get back to the scrap studio and finish up!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Cute page!! Love all the fun stitching and the giant flower is so pretty...I am working on a certain little window frame project right now. I hope to finish it soon....

Joanie said...

Cute layout! Love that flower...colors are gorgeous! AND the toenails ROCK!

I love to mow also...we are on 1.5 acres, it's very relaxing to me to mow! Six acres would be amazing to have!

yael yaniv said...

love this page - looks great with all the elements and stiches...and those nails - gotta try this color....

margie c said...

I love your layout! It's so simple, yet, so meaningful!

LOL! You made me giggle with your story about re-running over the snake! I would've done the same thing! hee hee

Have a beautiful weekend :*)

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates