Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The tooth fairy!

A certain someone lost his FIRST tooth last night while eating a slice of pizza! He hadn't even told me it was loose before then, but asked me to cut his pizza up and ate it with a fork because "it was really hurting." Needless to say...it fell out anyway and he was so excited!
He asked right away if we could put it under his pillow. He happens to have 3 pillows on his bed and he wanted to make sure that he didn't confuse the tooth fairy by having too many pillows, so he asked if he could take two of them off. I said that would be fine, and then he told Chloe that the tooth fairy was going to bring him $100! (I wish!) So being that this was my first time being the tooth fairy, I didn't want to mess up. I wanted it to be special, and wanted to try VERY hard not to wake him up as I took his tooth and left his prize. I tiptoed in trying to be as quiet as possible, but the hardwood floors were squeaking and he stirred a little...I suddenly wished I had some fairy wings or something on so that he wouldn't know it was me. Luckily he went right back to sleep. Then I couldn't decide where to put the prize...on his night stand? Next to his pillow? At the foot of his bed? It was so funny because I was having this conversation in my head the whole time...and finally just thought: PUT THE PRIZE DOWN and leave, or you most certainly WILL wake him up. (I must have spent a good 10 minutes in his room.) Once I left his room, I started questioning how much money I had left for him too...what is the going rate for losing teeth? I have NO idea?! All I had in my wallet was a $1 and a $5 dollar bill. The potential of him losing 10 teeth at $5 each is a little much. When I was a little girl, I got a quarter! What does a 6-year-old need $50 for anyway?
So I put together this little star (using the JBS chipboard star from our July kit!) Covered it with AC cardstock. Added some old Heidi Swapp letters that I have had in my stash forever (I needed something smallish.) I drew a little tooth onto white cardstock, cut it out, added grey chalk to the edges and a smile to finish him off. I glued him onto the felt wings that my mom had sent me (aren't they just to die for?) And used a string to attach the money to the star.

I stayed up pretty late getting it finished up, and thought I might regret that this morning because I knew I would be tired...but the squeals from his room when he woke up this morning and saw his prize made it MORE than worthwhile! Hope you have a great day!

8 comments:

Stacey said...

That is adorable. Love the special star and first tooth tag too! Adorable.

truleetraci said...

you are SO VERY CLEVER Miss tooth fairy! I was cracking up reading the conversation you had with yourself in his room... too funny!!! You must put that on a page somewhere to remember!!!
You did good!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures of kids with their teeth gone... priceless!!!!

em said...

SO stinkin' cute!!

Aphra said...

Precious . . . simply precious. You're such a good tooth fairy!

Amanda Smith said...

This is so CUTE Heidi! I love it! Glad I got to read your story so I will know what to do when the time comes! I think a dollar is fair - you did good! :)

margie c said...

Awww, what a sweet story! He's too too cute! What a wonderful surprise :*)
You did an outstanding job Miss Tooth Fairy ;)

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi---
the tooth is so so cute....you did
grEaT... a priceless memory you made!

Suzanne said...

That is so adorable! What a fantastic idea! What a crafty lady that Tooth Fairy is :)
I'm sure any child would have loved to receive it, even without the money!
I think I got a quarter for every tooth I lost... but my very last one I got a dollar :)

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates