Thursday, July 2, 2009

Newsletter!

I just finished sending out the newsletter!! (I always try to post it here also for anyone who missed it in their inbox.) Be sure to check back tomorrow and see the new Design Team members beautiful work!


Freehand Scraps Newsletter
With summer in full swing…it’s finally time to introducing our latest kit “Navigate!” This kit screams summer…and is full of vintage touches and exclusives! With a bright summery color palette, a vintage map, and handmade felt shapes that coordinate, you will want to get your hands on one for sure! We have a super talented guest designer this month also! Gretchen McElveen was one of my instructors at the Scrap Etc. event last year and I have wanted her to design for us ever since! Be sure to check out her gallery as well as the rest of our wonderful designers
HERE. Katie Haddox and Celeste Smith have finished their year commitment to designing here at FS and are off to other adventures, but Amanda Smith and Jaime Warren are staying to inspire us some more. I am so sad to see them go but we wish them all the best and have been SO blessed to have them! They are beautiful girls, inside and out, and really wonderful scrapbookers too!

Design Team Call
This Design Team Call has been SO fun, I have really enjoyed going through each and every one of your submissions! I spent literally hours and hours pouring over them and going to all of your galleries and blogs. (A lot of them I bookmarked! LOL) Thank you so much for sharing your art with us! I believe your pages and projects are your story…and the fact that you would share it with us is an honor. Really and truly, thank you for sharing a piece of your lives, the pictures of your children, husbands, dogs, cats, friends, vacations, jobs, I loved every minute of it! That is exactly why it’s nearly impossible to choose just a few winners! This has been such a hard decision! I thought I was doing pretty good when I had it narrowed down to the top 20! Now to just pick a few is gut wrenching! With that in mind, our new permanent designers are Lexi Bridges and Samantha Sibbet! Congratulations!! We are so very excited to welcome them to our team here! I am planning on sharing some of their work on the blog tomorrow. And if you did not get selected for a full time DT position, I still may be contacting you to guest design for us. (I have quite a list!) I will most likely be contacting you this week and next with more details. So I hope I will get to work with some of you in the future! Thank you again for submitting your beautiful work! And speaking of designers…be sure to check out this months gallery. There is loads of inspiration to be found!

Hope you have a great night!

8 comments:

Stacey said...

So exciting! Congrats girls. Can not wait to see what wonderfulness you create!

Aphra said...

Congrats Lexi and Samantha! Can't wait to see what you both create with Heidi's awesome kits.

em said...

Congrats to the new DT! :)

nAnnAlYnn said...

congratulations to leXi and sAmanTHa!
heidi...i just got a chance to look
through the new gallery....it's
full of great layouts and mini books and every page makes you smile. i will miss celeste and katie a lot but wish them the best (will be checking their blogs). they are truly talented artists and i have really enjoyed their work. also am looking forward to this new year of kits and designers
and all the wonderful inSpiRAtiOn.

Just Call Me Grammy said...

My congrats to Lexi and Samantha. I looked at both of their blogs this morning (before your announcement) from comments left on yesterday's post and thought they were both wonderful! Not surprised they were your choice, they will both be awesome on the design team!

Patter Cross said...

Huge congrats to Lexi and Samantha! Samantha participated in a contest I had on my sketch blog, and her entry was spectacular. I am sure they both will do great things for Freehand Scraps. Congrats!

Samantha said...

Thank you for all the kind words!I can't wait to get started, it's going to be a fun year here! Thank you Heidi! Congrats Lexi!

Staci said...

Big congrats to the new DT members!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates