Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April's in BLOOM...

Okay I just have to say "Yea!!" The site has been updated with the darling April kit.
Check it out here:
http://www.freehandscraps.com/index.htm

As I mentioned in yesterdays post, the gallery won't be updated until the 3rd or 4th, on account of my web guy being out of town. So I plan on sharing some of my gallery today and in the days to come so that I can talk about techniques, and the ways I used the kit. I get lots of emails asking questions about the projects so this is a great place to answer those.

I also have some super exciting news...Stephanie Ackerman my guest designer for April has asked if she could design every month for Freehand Scraps!! Oh aren't we lucky to have her on the "team." She is the founder of Home & Heart magazine and is the "doodle" queen if you ask me! If you haven't gone out and grabbed the premiere issue...run, don't walk to get your hands on it!

Onto some of the projects I made...


These are my dear friends Christy and Justin on their wedding day. Her wedding colors were pink and yellow so they were a perfect match to coordinate with this month's kit. I just cut random square and rectangle shapes from the different patterned papers and used my sewing machine to stitch them on, alternating zigzag and straight stitches. I added one of the Jenni Bowlin tickets and a flower made from the Heidi Swapp tulle, a strip of the funky fabric uncluded and then just a title. Super easy and simple, but I think still elegant enough for wedding photos.

Look at that sweet photo...they are still just as much in love today as they were the day they said "I do!" Thanks Christy for the priviledge of getting to create some projects with your beautiful photos. What an honor.
Here is a project I made using the zebra pencil...I had envisioned using it as a way to hang this project. I used the cool fabric and even used my white pen to journal right onto the photo. I am liking the way it turned out. I also love that new American Crafts paper with the scalloped edge. SO many possibilities!!

So I just know that you will enjoy playing with this kit. I'll post more of my projects here in the next few days. Happy April Fool's Day!

1 comments:

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi,
my bookmark is working great now and
i'm glad to see the projects on your
blog. i really love the colors and papers for the April kit.
lYnn

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates