Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A VERY good day...




Well it was one. A VERY good day that is. We drove to Chicago this morning to pick up my sweet mom from the airport. The kids did great in the car, and I was thanking the Lord for that portable DVD player! It was so great to see her, and the kids were so excited. We headed next to the IKEA store there and I got to experience it for the first time...what a treat! I took pictures of course and was totally inspired the whole way through. I think we spent around 3 hours just wandering and letting the kids play and play in the childrens section. My mom said it felt like you were walking around HGTV. There were so many things that we had seen on some of the design shows there. I completely understand why too. Everything is VERY inexpensive and seemed to be good quality, and they had anything and everything under the sun you could want or need for your home! I especially loved their textiles section and all of the brightly colored fabrics. We were all beat by the time we had made it all the way through (it was HUGE) and so we headed for home. Upon arrival I found that my order from ScrapbookPictures.com had finally arrived. Just in the nick of time too! I leave tomorrow for the Scap Etc. event. I am getting excited but still have so much to do. I will make it though, and I know I am in for a real treat!

Since I will be out of town the 16th-20th I will not be shipping any kits until Monday, April 21st. I will be checking email and will get back to you if you should need anything from me, but nothing will ship until the 21st. I think I am definitely going to gain some inspiration just by being there. The creative juices will be flowin'.

Also for my out of towners YES I took the plunge and cut off ALL of my hair. Okay, maybe not all of it, but lots and lots of it. I officially have short hair now. It is taking some time to get used to it, but once I figure out how in the world to fix it, I think I will like it. I like change. It is a good thing for me, a good "stretch" so to speak. Frankly I just get bored with having the same hairstyle/length. I couldn't tell if my mom approved. We'll see. Sorry for the lame pictures, but it's so hard to take pictures of yourself!!


It's nearly morning here and I have a FULL day ahead, I may be regretting my play day today when morning comes. Have a good night!

1 comments:

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Cute haircut--have a wonderful time!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates