Saturday, April 12, 2008

Pages...


Here are the pages I made last night at the crop...I haven't received my order from ScrapbookPictures.com yet..ugggh! So these are literally the last 2 pictures I had to work on!

I am really into texture right now and so I used this netted fiber sheet behind my picture. I think it gave it a beachy/tropical kind of feel to the page. I used patterned paper and cardstock from the March kit. The alphabet is Making Memories as are the buttons. (I still need to sew the fibers through the button holes.) The cardstock photo corner and star are by Daisy D's. I made these layouts in 8X8 format. I read an article by Heidi Swapp once that talked about how she makes many of her layouts this size because they are easier to complete and the embellishments seem to "fit" better on a down-sized layout. This is my first album in this size and it has been fun to work with. I use it as a "favorite photos" album. I like the fact that I have something smaller that isn't all pictures of one event, but rather it spans 2 years of photos right now. It's kind of fun to look through it and see the big change in the kids and I like that it holds formal and candid shots side by side.

This page has more patterened paper from the March kit, a piece of graphic orange fabric, a Heidi Swapp journaling spot and "&", the chipboard "WINK" is also Heidi Swapp. I used the Making Memories tiny alphas to finish my title. If the "With a Wink & a Smile" title doesn't make sense then you must see the movie "Sleepless in Seattle" or listen to the soundtrack. Love that movie! It's a classic.

Hope you're having an excellent weekend!

3 comments:

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Such cute pages-- I like the click and zoom feature too. Had fun scrapping with you last night. Have a great time this week.
Terry

smclo said...

Heidi =

these LOs are great. Where id you get the netting fiber, or is there a special name for it? I've used magic mesh before, but would love to have something like yours that is big enough to do behind a picture.

Also, thanks for more ispiration on how to use our kits!

Stephanie

Heidi Stork said...

Stephanie-
The cool netting is by a company called "Magenta" and comes in a 12x12 sheet. I picked it up at my local scrapbook store, in the specialty paper section.
Glad you liked it!
Heidi

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates