Thursday, April 3, 2008

Gallery inspiration...

Well Amanda Smith, designer extraordinaire, has posted her darling acrylic mini-book on her blog. It's just a small peak at her gallery for April's kit. I am in love with this darling book about spring. You can check it out here: http://amandalsmith.blogspot.com/. You will not be disappointed. I can't believe that this is her first attempt at a mini book, she did such a great job. Don't forget that the gallery should be updated tomorrow. So you can get some inspiration!


Here is another one of my projects that I made using the "blOOm" kit.


This is exactly what I envisioned using the zebra pencil for! I decided to make a little wall hanging and just made loop tabs with the ribbon for the pencil to slip through. I sewed the photo to the black and white fabric and also to the Scenic Route yellow patterned paper. Then I just adhered it to the Luxe designs giant polka-dot paper. I did get asked what I used to write directly onto my photo. I have a white paint pen that works great! I like the tip size on it, it's not too thick and not too thin and it covers without you having to trace over it more than once. It's by Sakura Pen-Touch and it is permanent, quick-dry opaque white ink, the tip size is fine point 1.0mm. Love it!
So in other news I am totally caught up in American Idol this season after not watching any of it last season. (Maybe I secretly wish I was a singer. LOL. Speaking of it, that would be a good idea for a scrapbook page?!) I have a timer on my DVR that records it automatically for me...so nice to be able to FAST FORWARD through all of the commercials. The Weds. results show is right during Biblestudy so if it weren't for my little DVR I wouldn't get to see who gets the boot. I cannot even pick a favorite I like so many of them right now. But last night when Brooke was in the bottom 3 I was in shock! I would buy her album TODAY! I love that she plays the guitar- and is the sweetest person on that whole show! So GO Brooke!

Have a great night!

2 comments:

mk said...

Love how you used the pencil to hang the frame!

malika

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi
i love that paper with the bright
pink flowers...everyone used it in their gallery designs in some unique way. the gallery creations are amazing...each page inspiring.
you've got a great design team!
totally fun to see what you girls came up with.
lYnn

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates