Saturday, April 26, 2008

Too cute!

First here is the peek for what's to come in my gallery for the May kit. I LOVE that felt flower!


Second, Tanner delivered a stellar performance this morning in his preschool program. It was all about farms, and so lots of farm songs were sung. He has been singing them for weeks and only looked a LITTLE shy on stage. He just had his eyes locked on mine for most of it. But he did sing, and he knew all the words and I was a proud mama. Then they had a little power point presentation of cute pictures set to music. It just tugged at my heart strings...where does the time go? How do they grow and get independent so fast? I was reading Amanda Smith's blog yesterday and she had quoted Heidi Swapp from the class we took from her at the Scrap Etc. event and it said "A year from now, you'll wish you had started today." I thought about that today. Knowing that I will never have this day to do over again...never have a chance to re-live those precious moments. So here is where scrapbooking comes into play! I can and will certainly document it. It is just a great reminder to make TODAY count! To make it fun, and full of meaning, and GOOD. Just plain old good.

His class has been watching these little ducks for the last few weeks. They were just eggs in an incubator for a long time and now they have finally all hatched! They are just too cute...a sure sign of spring. The kids are over the moon for them and love petting them, it's hard to get them to leave the classroom because they just can't stop looking at them!


I was reading Wilna Furstenberg's (our guest designer for May at Freehand Scraps) blog today and just loved what she said...here's the link if you want to check it out: http://www.wilnaf.com/ she had a link to a song by a band called the Desperation Band, the title was "Count on God." I am listening to it right now. LOvinG it! Just plain old GOOD!

Smiles to you today!

2 comments:

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Those pictures of Tanner are adorable and I'm with you on the felt flower--is that something your mom made for the kit? I checked out Wilna's blog right after our crop and have been enjoying it alot. She is inspirational well beyond her awesome scrap work.

Glad you are enjoying your Illinois spring, it is my favorite too. But in true Illinois fashion, it was just snowing here about 10 minutes ago!!!!
Terry

Heidi Stork said...

Thanks for the comment Terry! Yes that cute felt flower was handmade by my mom...isn't she the greatest? It is her original pattern and design also. She is such an inspiration to me.

Glad to hear your tuning into Wilna's blog...she is just so neat!

Our spring...well it's looking better towards the end of the week?! That's the good news.

Smiles to you!
Heidi

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates