Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Chicago...again

Well today was another trip to Chicago to take my sweet mom to the airport...Chloe cried in the back seat because she was not ready for Nana to leave! And I cried in the front seat because I was not ready for Nana to leave. LOL. Really...I don't care who you are, or where you live, or what you do...you will ALWAYS need your mother! (This is a comforting thought now that I am a mother! This means that one day my little ones will realize that even though they think they are tough and independent and grown-up they will still need me.) We have had fun talking and shopping and watching chick flicks. The time flew by and I am going to really miss having her around! Well you know I had to make the best of the road trip and make another important stop at IKEA! The only thing better about this trip was that I finally knew my way around the store and even took the short cuts! I found exactly what I was looking for, which is always a bonus! And I ate Swedish meatballs for lunch at their resaurant. Yummm, I can't remember the last time I had those! It was a long day and really HOT in the car on the way home...I think it was 80 degrees here today! Hello? What in the world? It's only April...but I'm not complaining! We had Biblestudy tonight and I wasn't surprised when NO one drank the coffee I had made. It is just too warm outside for hot drinks. (Unless you're my grandma...she drinks hot coffee in 90 degree weather!)



In Freehand news I am going to post a little hint of what's to come in the May kit next month...it's called "The Thicket" and I think you'll figure out why.


No the Bambi book is not a part of the kit, just something I used for display. This is my daughters book and I don't think she would like me to tear it up and include it in any kits!!
Here are some of the darling papers from Sassafras Lass that are included in the kit. I am loving the decorative edges!! Wait until you see what goes with these fabulous papers. The exclusive wool felt flower that is pictured with Bambi is my MOST favorite part of the kit. I wish I could send you all 10 of them! You are going to LOVE them! Stay tuned for more!

So back to you mom, I love you and want to thank you for being you! Thank you for all of your help this week and your sacrifice to come and be the "servant of all." You are such an inspiration to me and I miss you already. Give everyone hugs from me!

Good Night!

0 comments:

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates