Monday, April 7, 2008

Ahhh Monday...

Busiest day of the week! But also seems to be the day I get the most done. I finished up the last few pieces of the May kit today...I am getting so excited about it! Almost ready to ship it off to the designers. Woohoo. I also made a major order at my favorite photo processing site...ScrapbookPictures.com. It took me hours and hours, and in the end I had a total of 522 pictures in my shopping cart. Holy smokes! But I must admit that I havent't made an order for almost a whole year. (Not counting Christmas card pictures.) I can't wait to get them, and I am even a little impatient. I am looking forward to it tremendously. I was really "forced" to do it because in a little over a week I am heading out to the Scrap Etc. event in Tenessee. We have had this trip planned since last summer, and so have been doing homework assignments (photos & journaling) for months now. It is a little overwhelming actually. Unfortunately, I hadn't had any photos printed for it, so this is the reason for the giant order. Sometimes I think that having a photo printer at home (I use it mostly for last minute things or if I'm in a time crunch) is directly related to not making an order for a whole year. At Scrap Etc. I get to take classes taught by Heidi Swapp, Jenni Bowlin, and Wilna Furstenburg. I am so excited about it, and just getting to have a girls weekend with my best friends will be such a treat for this single mom!

I promised to share some more of my projects from our April gallery...so without further ado here is another layout made with the transparency by Luxe Designs. I just loved it when I saw it, and it turned out to be perfect for the wedding dress photo.


I silhouetted a few of the flowers from one of the patterned papers and then even added a few leaves around the scrolled frame. I used the Bazzill bling cardstock as my backgound which just fit so perfectly with the photo. I had someone ask me about adhesive and how to attach it to the background. All I used were mini glue dots, they are small enough to hide behind the embellishments and really strong to keep it all in place. The biggest challenge is getting a good photo of it without glare! LOL.
In other Freehand news...the newsletter went out this weekend! If you would like to start receiving it, there is a sign-up box on the home page. I am planning to do a design call in May. So if that is something that you are interested in...be checking for details to come on how to enter your work. We would love to have you inspire us!

Have a great night!

0 comments:

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates