Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Home again...

Well I am back to blogging after being out of town for the Scrap Etc. event in Nashville. A good time was had by all. Some of the high points for me were:

I got to take classes from some of my all-time favorite scrapbookers.
I got to hang out with my closest friends.
I didn't have to cook any meals.
I didn't have to drive anyone anywhere.
I didn't have to make my bed once.
I got to go shopping and actually try on the clothes! (Not just admire them on the rack.)
I got to stay up late chatting.
I got to be inspired by creative people all around me.
I got new ideas of how to document "my story."

I had such a good time. Anytime you go to something like this, it's just one more way to open your mind to just how important it is to document our lives. One of our instructors read us a quote out of the "5 Book" that said, "There has never been another you. You are a once-in-all-history event. You are new to nature. You are one of a kind; therefore, no one can really predict to what heights you might soar. Even you will not know until you spread your wings. You may not be able to see your undeveloped potential, but it's there--and it is enormous." I loved this book and bought it for a gift for my dad. He and I love this kind of "dreamer" talk. I think I must get my adventurous personality from him. He celebrated his birthday while we were there and so I have to tell him a BIG Happy Birthday from us! We love you so much and are so blessed to have you as a dad/papa! The kids and I miss you so much and wish we could have been there to celebrate with you. You are the best!

This picture is of him playing with the orphans that our church supports in South East Asia and being silly. They just cling to him, and all want to wrestle and play with him. I loved watching him with them, and then seeing his passion to work his hardest at home to support those little ones. You are an inspiration to me dad. I LOVE YOU! (And Tanner and Chloe want to know when you're coming to play hide-and-seek?!)

In Freehand Scraps news I am excited to introduce you to our guest designer for May...but you'll have to wait until tomorrow. I am absolutely thrilled to have the priviledge to have met her and am a huge fan of her work. At the event this weekend she taught me how to buy a donkey. (I will explain that later.) That might give you some clue as to who she is...OR not. But let me tell you May will be great! I will post pictures and also show you a little project I made in her class. Until then...good night!





0 comments:

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates