Monday, March 31, 2008

Zebras...



I have gotten some inquiries about the party that occured here on Sunday...I must say it was a success. I made it through with the help of some great friends. (Rick- thanks for your pinata help and Karen you are just the best hostess...I really wish I was better at that!) I kept the decorating simple and also the cake. We had 8 kids and Tanner's teacher, which was awesome. (He ADORES her and so does Chloe!) It was his first friend party and it was a big hit. All the decor was black and white, so I decided to just accessorize with colorful candy. I covered the paint cans with the zebra wrapping paper that I also used on the invites...turned out pretty cute.

The party favors were Chinese take-out boxes with each child's monogram. I had to dig into my scrapbook stash to find a few of them. The large felt ones are from JoAnns and were half price.




Left to right: Kacey, Quinten, Eve, Tanner, Marcus, Gabe, Sopie and Chloe. They are all saying "Happy Birthday!" The cake was white and then I just piped some black lines across the top for the stripes. I also put a candle in each kids cupcake so that they could blow one out too! That was a big hit...I'll have to remember that for future reference. For Halloween we had to paint black and white stripes on Tanner's pumpkin, so I was not surprised he wanted a zebra party. He has an obsession! He got tons of great gifts...so many that I am going to have to clean out some to make room for the new. What a blessing to see your kids being blessed!


In FREEHAND news...so excited for the site to go live. April's kit is called "BLOOM" and you're gonna love it! I have posted about this before, but I just really adore this one. Even my designers both said that it was really fun to work with! You are in for a BIG treat when you see their galleries this month. SO cute! And speaking of the gallery...it may not be updated with the new projects until the 3rd or 4th as a result of my web guy being in Hawaii. (How dare he, huh? LOL) So I hope that you are all well and having a fabulous beginning to your week...I will see you back here tomorrow for the BIG reveal! Good night!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Heidi,

So cute-looks like a wild and fun party, loved the idea and love the pinata, party favors, table cloth-everything. Wish,wish,wish that we could have been there to laugh and celebrate with Tanner.
O Happy Day!

Amanda Smith said...

It looks like everything turned out sooo cute! Where did you get that tablecloth, I LOVE it! The treats look really cute in the zebra can too. Happy Birthday Tanner!

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi--
i just viewed the contents of the
april 'bloom' kit and it's fantastic!
since i have your page bookmarked...
i will have to renew that somehow..
but when i clicked on kits it showed
me the latest one. the zebra party
is adorable. i love your decorations
and sure looks like the little people
are having a wild time. totally cute
and an original theme. very fun!
lYnn

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates