Monday, March 10, 2008

Elephant Fun...


I have the good fortune of knowing three lovely ladies who are all pregnant with little boys right now. Which means that I have got to get some baby gifts ready and in the mail! My best friend from high school is having her second little boy (March 25th, so Tanner will share a birthday with this little guy.) My sisters' best friend Renee is having her first, and my good friend (who just also happens to be a Renee too) is having her first and he even has a name already! This Renee in particular deserves to have the perfect pregnancy and delivery, because she is a labor & delivery nurse and has helped so many other women go through it. She was there BOTH times I delivered, and even when I got sent home while I was in labor with Chloe she stayed with me that night because she and I both knew that I was going to deliver that baby and it was only a matter of hours before we were right back at the hospital! It was such a comfort to have someone stay calm and relay the medical jargon in terms that I could understand. She was such a blessing to me! (Also this meant that she stayed up all night until I delivered Chloe at 4:30 in the a.m.) Now THAT my friends is what friendship is all about! Even when I was in labor with Tanner she had worked the night shift the previous night and came to the hospital to be with me with almost NO sleep! Okay, all of that to say...I think these girls (and everyone else who's pregnant out there) deserve a party! So I am making these cute elephants for them, to go along with their baby gifts. I found these unfinished wooden elephants at my local Michaels and thought that they would be really fun to alter. I of course used things from the March kit to dress them up a little. I think they are turning out SO cute! Thought I would share.



Happy Monday!

1 comments:

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi,
the elephant is adorable...
i love the patterned paper from the
kit....makes me think...h-m-m-m
what shall i paper? did you sand
the edge to get them so perfect?
did you chalk them?
great ideas!
thanks
lYnn

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates