Saturday, March 1, 2008

Time marches on...


Well the site is updated with the new kit for March...and I must say that I have a soft place in my heart for these March goodies...so much fun! Amanda's gallery is darling and I was so excited to see what she had created. Be checking back for Tia Bennett's gallery in the next few days...she needed a few extra days to work with the kit. (She is so busy, but I was so grateful to have her design this month, as you are too I imagine.) It will definitely be worth the wait, so check back soon!

Here are a few of the layouts from my gallery I thought I would share...

The journaling next to the red flower says "Grace was in all her steps and heaven in her eye." I had the photo printed at ScrapbookPictures.com with the frame on it and it is in duotone color rather than black and white, which gives it that colored tint. I also had it printed on metallic paper and if you haven't ever seen a photo on metallic paper you definitely should try it. They are AWESOME! I just used my craft knife to cut out the white flower and used a pop dot to raise it off the page a little. Simple and DONE!
This is a 12X12 album that I altered the cover of, using the KI softies and the wool felt rabbit. I used my glue gun to adhere these products and it worked like a charm. The only button that I sewed on was the one attached to the elastic band that goes all the way around the album. I can't wait to fill this baby up with all of my latest layouts.
The last one I'll share for today is one of Tanner when I got his hair chopped off last year. He has had longer hair for his whole life, so this was a major change. People didn't even recognize him, and to me he really did look like such a different kid. I cut the letters for the title out of the KI lace cardstock and then used the leftovers for the background. I punched the "3" out of the Heidi Swapp ghost clock and attached it next to the heart to show how old he was at the time. (Another photo from ScrapbookPicutres.com with a special border added to it.)
Hope you have a great weekend!

3 comments:

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi,
love the kit papers and what you and amanda have done with them--really great.
i especially love that dandelion paper that you used heidi--for the
amazing grace page.
very cute cards amanda! i like the
window idea. the laser cut letter
layout is really fun as well.
excited to see what tia creates. thanks for the inspiration. i'll keep checking back.
lYnn

asnipofgoodness said...

I really like these pages!! Very clean lines, and yet not boring at all! Wonderful use of color, and all the focus stays on the photos. Beautiful work!!!!

Sarah said...

Love that kit!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates