Sunday, March 2, 2008

Definitely NOT campers...yet


Well I have to start by saying that the sun is out and it is 67 degrees!! What in the world? Yep, you heard me...67 degrees! Right after church and lunch, we headed out to do some yardwork. It is really muddy, but it's better than doing it while it's 30 degrees. For Christmas the kids got this cool John Deer truck that's motorized, it's been so cold and icky outside that we haven't had a chance to really break it in.(They still didn't know how to steer it, so once they ran into a couple of trees they were starting to get the hang of it.) So they followed me with the birdseed to refill the birdfeeders, and then we picked up sticks all over the yard. It sure made the "work" more fun for them, and I didn't hear any complaining. (Thank you Nana and Papa!) I picked them up and loaded them and then they unloaded them when we got to the burn pile. (For some you may not know what this is...but it's just a giant pile of wood that you burn. Back in Colorado, with all of the fire danger we would never have something like this, but here it is common.) So while they unloaded...I of course snapped some photos. I loved the looks on their faces when the branch they picked up was muddy or wet...so disgusted. I told them that it would all wash off once we got back inside so they very carefully picked each one up as to not get too muddy. I said to them "I'm going to have to toughen you two up, or you'll never be campers." Childhood is all about getting dirty and playing in mud. Camping and fishing and playing outside all day long. (Or at least this is how I remember mine.) Chloe was just sure that there were spiders crawling on her My Little Pony in the bed of the truck! At one point and time a fly landed on the steering wheel, and both kids were yelling as loud as they could that there was a bug!!!! Then they calmed down when they saw it was just a silly fly. My OH my, I have my work cut out for me with these two! I am definitely going to have to make sure that we spend more time in the mud with the bugs this year. Life is tough and it's dirty and messy and it's good to be able to take a muddy situation and see the good in it, and maybe even just have some fun with it!








Hope
you
have a
wonderful
Sunday!

1 comments:

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi,
we had your weather yesterday...so
maybe get ready for something like
we have today...a blizzard!
78 downtown on saturday and whoa--- windy wet snow today. what a change!
you usually get a dose of what we have...so maybe at least some flurries?
thanks for sharing the cute photos.
and i love those flower boots.
lYnn

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates