Friday, March 21, 2008

In THiS HOmE (altered)...

I am happy to report that I played last night with the canvas that I was in the process of altering. I am liking the way it turned out! It is totally different than I pictured...seems like most of what I make is turning out that way?! But the fun is in the process. And I must admit that I wasted a LOT of time, adjusting and trying different colors...painting a little here, chalking a little there. Just messing around with it until it was good in my eyes.






I used paint from the March kit, one of the Bazzill boshers and the Love Elsie patterned paper. The antique books page is from the February kit! The Jenni Bowlin journaling block house is for a future kit. I am lovin' the little boy and girl shapes from Maya Road. (Thanks Mandy!! I even altered the bigger lady for a card for my sweet mom...can't show it yet though or it would ruin her surprise!) The tiny alpa is from Making Memories and buttons are by Autumn Leaves. Seems I can't make anything lately without buttons...my new favorite "go to" supply. The zipper is by Junkitz and this the first time I have ever created anything with one, but it was fun. It was even self adhesive, which came as a suprise to me as I was sewing it on...and my thread kept breaking. I had to completely clean off my needle with Goo Gone. Lesson learned!



I like that it is funky, and I LOVE what it says!!

I am trying to get ready for Easter. Tonight the plan is to dye Easter eggs...so I boiled them earlier today. I still need to iron everyones outfits but I did get Chloe's dress altered. I even embellished her dress with a flower from the April kit that is going to be up for sale soon, it turned out really cute, I think. When I start thinking of all the different ways you could use your scrapbook supplies...it blows my mind! I will post pictures of it from Easter...she is napping and I need her to model it for me. I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend. I hope it reminds you of the real reason why we celebrate this holiday. I love that Easter represents HOPE to me, and to the rest of the world!! Be blessed.

0 comments:

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates