Friday, March 14, 2008

The invite...

Well here it is, in all of it's time consuming glory!! (To all of you out-of-town relatives we SO wish you could be here with us to celebrate Tanners big day! He will miss you all lots and lots. Grandma Suz...he paticularly wants you to come. SMILE.) This is the first year that we will have a friend party. Not that he didn't have friends at his other birthdays, they were just completely out-numbered by all of the adults! Since we don't have any immediate family here we are inviting all of the kids in his class, and some from the other teacher's class too! (Yes, there will be girls there. I don't know how I feel about that quite yet? Really Chloe is super excited about the girls coming...so at least she will be entertained.)



I looked EVERYWHERE for zebra patterned paper and finally found some gift wrap that ended up working, even though the texture is a little glossy. I used the black coin envelope from the February kit and a little Making Memories jelly sticker for the "You're Invited." The #5 is just mounted on white cardstock and adhered. I think I might have used up every number 5 in my stash! Most of them differ, either in size or color. Some of them were white. (My favorites were the ones I bought at the local hardward store that are for household purposes (like to label your mailbox. I think they gave it a more masculine look.)The green chipboard dot on the coin envelope is by Heidi Swapp.



Inside I did a little collage of the event (the circle stamp I found at JoAnns in the $1 bin), the place and time (just printed on white cardstock and then inked the edges), and a decorative stamp "time to party" that I found in the $1 bins at Michaels. This is the first time I've used it and it probably already paid for itself just by using it on one batch of cards. I love how it looks "freehand."




Just received shipments for the May kit (yes I am a person that must work ahead, and stay super organized!!) Let me just tell you that I am seriously drooling over the Sassafras Lass product! I think it had to be one of my top two favorites from CHA. It is just like Christmas everytime I get boxes of these products. So stay tuned for all that is to come from Freehand Scraps in the coming weeks.


I wanted to just share one more quick photo that I took on Wednesday. We have had GORGEOUS weather this week. Uh-oh I think maybe we're even a little spoiled, which always makes me complain when it goes back to being the temperature that it's supposed to be for this time of year. I don't know why I like this picture so much...heads are cut off and everything! I got some others of the kids playing hopscotch, their new favorite pastime! I will share more tomorrow! Happy weekend!

2 comments:

Woodberries said...

Your invitations are very cool. IF he doesn't appreciate it, the moms will!

Holly said...

I hate it that we are missing this wild party!! Cute invites for a sweet little boy and his great mom :) We wish we could all be together to celebrate.

love and hugs to you...

Holly

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates