Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hello Again...


I have been away for a bit...to work mostly and also to do a little birthday celebrating with Tanner. My little "baby bear" turned 5 years old yesterday! I am just blown away that he is 5 years old! Where did that time go?? It always makes me so grateful that I found this wonderful hobby/creative outlet. It allows you to look back at so many wonderful memories that slip your mind when you don't have them documented some where. I am planning on writing him a letter each year on his birthday. I do write him notes and put them in the scrapbooks, but I just think that writing him a letter that maybe one day he will take off to college with him (hidden so as not to look un-cool I'm sure) is much more likely than him dragging a thick album. You know how you just want your kids to KNOW how much they are loved and how much they have to offer the world, and how valuable they are in God's sight, it will be that kind of letter. I haven't written it just yet. I have been trying to collect my thoughts as to exactly what I want to say. We aren't having his official friend party until Sunday, but we did celebrate his big day, just the 3 of us. He wanted to go to lunch at his favorite restaurant, Lone Star, which worked out wonderfully because kids eat for free on Tuesdays. SCORE! We went there for a friends birthday last week and the wait staff came out and sang Happy Birthday for her. So before we got there, Tanner wanted to make sure that they were going to sing for him also. He asked me how they would "know" that it was his birthday. It was really funny because after all of that, he hid almost under the table he was so embarassed when they actually all came out. But he loved every minute of it! We then rode the carousel at the mall down the street...Tanner always chooses to sit on the "couch" as he calls it (really it's just a bench )with his arms propped behind his head RELAXING. He is just so funny! We finished off the night with going to see "Horton Hears a Who" at the movie theatre. It was a fun day and Tanner proclaimed it "his best birthday ever!" So I guess that means it was a success huh?

Easter was COLD and it even was snowing lightly. Ughh. Makes me wish that it wasn't so early this year! But a fun time was had by all, we had a great church service, and fun hunting eggs, and I ate so much at lunch that I didn't eat dinner or breakfast that night or the next morning. Don't you just love the holidays and having an excuse to eat everything in sight? Gotta love that.


I have been working on my projects using the April kit, and I am having so much fun with this one! The colors and the quirky patterns just make me smile. I still have a few more things that I really want to make, and I always find that I can make so many projects with just one kit. Also I don't know if I have mentioned that Tia's gallery is up on the site. It is definitely worth checking out...that girl is so creative!! I am also working hard on getting together a newsletter (hopefully this week.) So be on the lookout for that too! Hope that you are having an excellent week, and if it's spring break there, like it is here...enjoy having the kids around, instead of looking forward to school getting back in session. I am amazed at how fast the time we have with them flies!!

0 comments:

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates