Friday, August 21, 2009

Words to remember today...

I wish I knew who to credit these quotes to...but I have no idea who said them. I just like what they say. I am going to put these into practice today!

“A good idea today is better than a perfect idea tomorrow.“
“Don’t let best get in the way of better.“
“Done is better than perfect.“

The perfectionist in me thinks this is hard to do.

I am exhausted after this week! I'm so happy it's the weekend. (Even though we have a full weekend on schedule too! Why is it always like that?) I got a sweet little package in the mail yesterday from Lexi with a few (well more than a few) RVA goodies! I had been wanting a little transfer sticker to "personalize" my iPhone case. I'm weird like that. When I was a very little girl I remember I had a friend named Heidi, who also had blond hair. Only she had long hair and I had my signature "mushroom" cut as I liked to call it. It was a bob...or I think that's what they call it? (I promise this little childhood story has a point...really it does.) So even though I never really loved my hair short. I had it that way for my entire childhood...and the thing I liked the most about it was the fact that no one else had short hair like mine. I was weird like that even back then. I didn't like having anything that was the same as anyone else. As my sister was out buying matching clothes with her best friends...I was searching for anything that I hadn't seen on someone before! I guess I said all of that to say that when I got my iPhone like the rest of the masses...it just wouldn't do for it to be just plain. Here's the outcome!!
The hardest part was picking one! I finally decided the cupcake fit the best (Thank you, thank you Lexi...I love them all!)
I used my Martha Stewart bone folder to rub it on.
And the finished project! And it took me literally 5 minutes. Love that now NO ONE (at least no one I know) has the same old iPhone. Yippee. It's the little things people that make me happy. The tiniest little things.
Have a super Friday!!

4 comments:

Christine said...

I LOVE your the rub-ons/decals for your iphone!! I'd love to get one for my ipod touch -- can you tell me where I can get one?! SO cute!!!

Christine said...

Wonderful! Thank you SO much, Heidi! I just stumbled onto your blog today...love it! Thanks again!

Suzanne said...

haha! ok that's cool/funny/weird for a few reasons... i'm a total perfectionist (unfortunately sometimes), i also had a "bob" that i hated when i was little, all my friends had long hair, but now i'm glad i had different hair... my sister was always shopping at the mall to get the "trendy" clothes, whereas i was always at thrift stores looking for something different... i recently painted my white cell phone with glitter nail polish, so it wouldn't look like everyone else's!
(great minds think alike?)
happy almost weekend!

Lexi said...

So glad you liked your package!!
And the phone looks WAY cool!
Way ;)

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates