Thursday, August 20, 2009

Time flies!

Time sure does fly!! Tanner started kindergarten. Kindergarten people!! How is that even possible? I didn't cry, but I did get a little misty-eyed when I got home thinking about it. I am so proud of him, he is settling in there nicely. His teacher has already commented (on day 1) about his artistic abilities. She was amazed. I wasn't surprised. That's just Tanner, he is my little artist.


With the start of school around here...it's gotten pretty hectic, pretty quick. I still have the peanut at home with me for a few more weeks, because preschool doesn't start until after labor day. I think she is missing her bro. She has been helping me clean windows and pick weeds, and even though you would think she wouldn't like all of that, I think she likes to clean even more than I do! Hallelujah! And (just like her mom) she doesn't appreciate having to get up early to drop Tanner off at school. In fact I usually have to wake her up 15 minutes before we're walking out the door to throw on her clothes and comb her hair! Today, when we got home, she let me try on her entire wardrobe to see what still fits and what we need to get rid of. It was a big project because she has lots of hand-me-downs! I love organizing, and even though going through all of those cute size 3T clothes that are too small makes me sentimental...it sure does feel good to get rid of the clutter. It will definitely help as she starts school to find what we need in the morning. It also reminds me of what she has/needs for this fall, and saves me time and money because let's face it...if you haven't seen it in 4 months, you don't remember that it even exists. Here she is with her Windex...give her a spray bottle and she'll be happy for hours!

Now I just need to do the same thing and get organized in my scrapbook room. I work much better in an organized space...I am more creative in an organized space, and I am definitely more productive. I think my biggest problem is all of the projects that I have out at once. I'm heading in to tackle that this afternoon!! (Hoping if I say that here...it will actually make me do it! LOL) Have a great day!

1 comments:

Amanda Smith said...

So glad to hear that he is enjoying school. Is he feeling better? I have been doing some organizing as well and you are right, it does feel SO good to get it done. I can't believe how much baby stuff I have been able to get rid of. Yeah - less clutter!! :)

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates