Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Checking in...

Oh my where does the time go? It's hard to believe it's August already! I feel like ever since I got back from CHA in Orlando I've been playing catch-up. So if you haven't already checked out our latest kit "Happy Go Lucky" you need to get on over there and see it! There are so many fun things in this kit!

I thought I would share a few things from my gallery today...this little door hanger I made for Chloe. I used the JBS chipboard heart and covered it with the KI Memories glitter heart paper. I loved that paper so much at CHA, that I wasn't sure which kit it would work in, but I ordered it anyway...determined to fit it in somewhere. It just ended up working perfect in "Happy Go Lucky!"
I cut one of the small birdhouses out of the Crate Paper patterned paper and stuck it on a pop dot, and added one of the Prima Pebbles with a cute little bird!

I made a few cards with this kit to send to my kiddos who are spending time with their dad right now. (Man I miss them!) These were put in the mail today! I made the scalloped border on the bottom using my circle punch and cutting the circles in half. I just over lapped them slightly and glued them down. It would have been just as easy to use a border punch too I guess. The chipboard heart is an "invisibles" shape by Heidi Swapp. I used aqua paint to make the image underneath really pop.

I added this to the blog earlier...but wanted to explain how it all came together!
First of all, this Prima printed cardboard paper was *I think* my favorite thing in the entire kit! It's such a change from the ordinary patterned paper. I added white paint splattered and then I blew it in different directions to make it spread out a little more. (I'm sure you were dying to know that technique! HA!)
These crazy pictures are from our Freehand Scraps winter retreat. We put those crazy Hambly rub-ons on with glue dots. We were laughing SO hard the mustaches were falling off!
I sanded the edges of the photo also to grunge it up a little...I thought it went well with the background. More Pebbles and buttons from my stash.
It was very cool to use the stapler with the cardboard...how perfect that the Cosmo Cricket "Elements" sheet had the cute stapler image.
I also had a great time with this Fancy Pants bracket paper.
I used my crop-a-dile to make the chipboard butterfly into a button just for fun.
I added a few brads to the branches and used a paper piercer to punch holes around each tree, leaf, and the border edge of the paper.
This is a little photo shoot we did in Claire's in Orlando. We are silly SILLY girls. Here is our librarian look.

Is my sister cute or what? She totally pulled these crazy glasses off! LOL.
Oh yeah...this was a definite Kodak moment. We are such rock stars! LOL.
I just have a philosophy in life that you are never too old to laugh like an 8 year old...and in moderation act like one! We laughed so hard we cried! Hope you are having a great week!

4 comments:

Holly said...

That was soooo fun! I am glad we did the little photo shoot in Claire's-I am still laughing just looking at some grown women having a moment with some crazy glasses. You are the best Heidi and I miss you already!

em said...

cute, cute, cute!
i love the I love you card.
and the photos!! too fun! :)

Marie said...

Freehand scraps winter retreat..how can I play along? :) Looks like a ton of fun!

Heidi Stork said...

Our winter retreat was a very fun time...I had put together kits for each of the ladies for the event that coordinated with our Jan. kit "Spiffy." It took place while I was home for the holidays in Denver Colorado. I am considering opening up spots for a similar retreat possibly this year...or the beginning of next year. It's so hard to pick the location! Where are you located Marie?

Heidi

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates