Friday, August 7, 2009

Ramblings...

So my kids have been away for 2 weeks now...visiting their dad. I have one week to go before they return. I have tried to take some time for relaxing and sleeping in...as well as tackled some bigger projects that are hard to complete with the kids constant interruptions. But two children were NEVER missed more than mine right now! I miss the constant giggles and singing through the house. I miss tucking them into bed every night, praying with them and reading them stories. I miss getting to act like a kid myself and playing with them. I miss having someone to EAT with. I know that seems silly, but I haven't made any macaroni and cheese in 2 weeks and I'm thinking of making some just so my skills don't get rusty. I ran to the grocery store this afternoon to get a few essentials and schools supplies crossed off the list. When I came home and unloaded the bags...I had bought 2 peaches...tortilla chips and cheese, shredded cheese, hand sanitizer, twizzlers, chocolate, milk, potato salad, and ziplock bags. Real healthy huh? I keep forgetting to eat...and look at the clock at 2 p.m. wondering why I haven't taken the time to eat something? Kids are good, they keep you on schedule...I need mine back! LOL.

Just so this post isn't too boring, I thought I would share a couple photos. This shot is out the window of the plane a few days ago. Don't those clouds just look like you could really walk on them? Ever since I saw the movie "Up" I can't help but looking at clouds a little differently.
iphone pictures are just not the best quality!
And a quote out of a little book about Mother Theresa...full of her wonderful words of wisdom.

In other random news, I have been reading Pride and Prejudice again...such a great book. It's been years. I also just finished reading an unbelievably good book called "Revolution in World Missions" which was totally eye-opening. I loved every bit of it. And am also working on a heritage album for a good friend. Why is it so much harder to scrapbook other people's photos? Off to add some journaling to her pages now! Hope you had a great day!

1 comments:

~EssenseVibez~ said...

gurl---you sat in the same seat i was in--LOL--i left a pack of gummi bears under the seat for you--did u get them???--when im at the window, thats my time to talk one on one with God and be at peace during the ride--glad you made it back safe--it was hard for me to sleep when my kids would spend the weekend with my parents--the house was too quiet--and no one came to me askin' me to open this or that--or sayin', "i;m hungry!"--couldnt wait for them to come back home--now i'm on my way becoming a empty nester and i can't take it!!!!--but the grandsons (9 months and 3 yrs old)keep me on my toes, again----remain blessed!!!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates