Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Interesting...

When there are no cute kids around to photograph...you start looking around for other things that your eyes love to capture. Like sunsets. And cornfields (it is getting SO high!)
Like pretty bridges all lit up. I loooove bridges...but if it lights up it gets bonus points in my opinion. And don't ask me why I like them so much, maybe I feel a little bit of danger driving or walking over them? It's kind of like taking a chance. Maybe I think they are just structurally amazing and I have no idea how they hold cars up (even though I'm pretty sure I watched the program on the history channel all about it.)
And even though downtown Peoria is super tiny (as far as downtown's go) I think it being on the river is beautiful!


I thought about doing the color scavenger hunt this week that I have read about on so many people's blogs. (Basically you drive around looking for things that are all one color and photograph them.) Unfortunately we mostly have corn fields...so on the day I photograph green I would be golden...but for all the other days, I would be driving all over the state! We'll see I may have to try it...it would definitely make me really LOOK at my surroundings instead of just zooming by. I like the idea of that! Hope you found some color in your day today!

2 comments:

em said...

It's funny. I always loved taking pictures of "things". Now all I do is take photos of the baby!! ;)

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Pretty pics...I know exactly how you feel about bridges!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates