Monday, March 8, 2010

Uno, dos, tres...

One more gallery project to share today...and a few more sitting on my scrap table that I will share soon! One thing I noticed about my gallery this month was that I added a lot of journaling. I guess I just had a lot to say on these pages? I took this picture of Chloe in the check out aisle at Walmart as she was telling me to "say CHEESE mama." The lady behind us in line was laughing at us both taking pictures of each other taking pictures. Instead of that being the story I wanted to tell...I really wanted to write about what this picture reminded me of. (Journaling close up below.)

I added lots of layers here. I cut a few hearts from the sewing pattern and pinned them with a old pearl pin to add to the sewing feel of the embellishments. I also punched butterflies and layered the different patterns to give them a bit more interest. There is a fabric flower under there somewhere and also a few leaves cut from the famous paper in my last post. That chipboard flower comes just the way you see it! LOVE it! :)
Journaling reads: "Looking at this picture makes me want to remember your half-worn-off nail polish, the exact color of your hair that summer, this polka-dot shirt that I liked so much I bought it for you in 2 different colors. Your messy hair at the end of the day...(including the lovely haircut you had just given yourself.) The way you approach the world with child-like wonder...even the check-out lane at Walmart is full of found treasures to you! I have so much to learn from you!"
And one last shot of another sewing pattern layered flower I made in a smaller version with a sewn on button. I like the way this page turned out!
And since today is a rainy, gloomy kind of day here in the Midwest...I've decided to list a few things that brightened my day today.

1. Bubbalicious watermelon gum while I pumped iron with the manly men at the gym this morning...blowing bubbles and smiling inside the whole time. They must think I'm crazy! :) So GOOD!

2. The birds singing outside this morning...that MUST mean spring is coming!

3. A new pair of thrifted rain boots! (I got stopped by 3 little old ladies at the grocery store who told me how cute they were. And if they like em' well then SO DO I!) Chloe talked me into buying them...and to tell you the truth I can't imagine why I haven't gotten a pair of them sooner! Totally practical and comfy too!
4. Lunch date with Chloe and her entourage of Littlest Pet Shop animals who also each had a plate of food and a drink as well. :)

5. A chat with my sister!

6. Getting a lot crossed off the to-do list!

7. And I have to say, one of the best parts of my day is picking up Tanner from school. He walks out the front doors searching the sea of cars for ours...and once he sees us...well his face just lights up like a light bulb and this shy little smile creeps up from the corners of his mouth. I love that look.

What's brightening your day today?

4 comments:

Migdalia Roman said...

Beautiful... Uno dos y tres.. that's my language.. God Bless your talent. Dios Bendiga tu talento.

Samantha said...

loved reading this today.
have a wonderful, happy day friend.

Amanda Smith said...

This was my favorite layout of yours this month. Love all the layering! You must have been channeling your inner Jaime Warren :)

Erin said...

LOVE your layout--that's what's making me happy today! I really need to take a lesson from your journaling...what you wrote was so much more meaningful than merely describing what was happening in the photo! When you read this 10 years from now it will take you right back to that summer! Fabulous, Heidi!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates