Thursday, March 4, 2010

Flower Petals & Galleries

Putting my 6 year old to bed tonight he sweetly whispered in my ear "you smell just like the petal on a flower." I'm telling you...parenthood is a gift! A gift to treasure and cherish and soak up! But you knew that. Right? I wanted to share a project from my gallery with you...and I must admit that his page is definitely more "cutesy" than I usually like. I don't have an babies at my house anymore and I haven't scrapbooked anything baby in a long time. But in trying to come up with something creative to do with my fabric banner I thought this little sailboat would be perfect! I trimmed a piece of the Sassafras paper to fit inside of it and sewed it on. I then used a few layers of the vintage pattern to layer underneath it to give it even more dimension.
The wavy border of the paper was perfect for the boat to "float" on!
I freehand cut the boat out of some of the GCD paper in the kit and then used corrugated cardboard underneath to give it some texture and pop it off the page. I sewed it all around the edges to give it an outline. Finally I added some journaling underneath it saying "Sorrow looks down, worry looks around, faith looks up!" I took this picture of the kids on a missions trip to Myanmar in southeast Asia. They were filthy after a day at the orphanage and were standing watching some other kids play at this small park. The word strip sticker that is super hard to read in the photo says "Forgive the past and fall in love with today." Good advice...very good.

The only thing used here not in the kit is this little Gap teddy bear sticker. Every time we go to the Gap they give the kids one of these little guys. I think he's pretty cute...and I needed a passenger for my boat. I added a newsprint sailor hat (I had to call my mom to remind me how to fold the hat...hadn't made one of these in for-ever!) She knew, of course. I actually used print out of my phone book, so that I didn't have messy newsprint in my album.
Just so you can see it up close. :)
I will be back with some more of the gallery tomorrow! Hope you had a great day!

1 comments:

Just Call Me Grammy said...

This was another of my favorites from this month's gallery.

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates