Friday, March 26, 2010

Like a chicken...

Today I am running. Getting things done. My sister and brother-in-law and kids are coming for a visit. (Insert huge smiling face :) This means I need to clean the house from corner to corner and set up a toddler bed for my nephew. This also means I need to work on my gallery...here is a peek at what I've done so far. I think I need to take a few deep breaths! :)
This week was filled with dentist appointments...she did SO well by the way. Going back all by herself...with her nervous Momma peeking around the corner a few times to check on her. She is ALL about dental hygiene now, and flossing, and sparkly teeth. So cute.
This week was also full of play dates with the neighbor kids and walks through the forest. (I usually stay on the beaten path because I don't like getting too near the wildlife, if you know what I mean...namely the snakes!) So as we walked down a ravine on the way home from the neighbors through the woods...Chloe narrowly misses stepping on a big old snake, sending all of us hollering and running for our dear lives. I may have to explain to the neighbors that no one was being killed in the woods (even though I'm pretty sure that is how it sounded) but we were merely trying to get OUT of there! :) Did I mention that snakes are #1 on my list of fears. Um yeah #1! I tried to put on a brave face for them...really I did. It was traumatic to say the least.

There was a lot of celebrating going on around here last night...and cake and presents. And now I'm preparing for the entire class to come to the party tomorrow. Lord, give me strength! :)
There is so much to do...but I am SO looking forward to it. Making memories and making life special for the ones we love, never gets old. Hope you have a great Friday!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hope your weekend is wonderful with your family!

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Cute pics and I am so with you on the snakes. I would have been the one screaming the loudest :o) Hope the party and your special visit was great!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates