Monday, March 15, 2010

Say hello to my little friend...

I found it at a little local shop called "Relics" that is my all-time favorite store in Peoria. If you are in the area...be sure to stop by (it's right on the river!) It is also now my children's favorite store because they were having a Spring Open House on Saturday and they had cookies and chocolates and Deb (the owner) gave them both bird feathers to play with and take home. Not sure how much they'll love it when we go next time and there are no cookies? :) It always scares me to death taking them into places like that, they are usually pretty good about not touching things and being patient...but they are also "very curious" as Tanner likes to remind me. That is his excuse for a lot of things these days. I'll often hear "I couldn't help it Mom, cause I was just SO curious." It must be a boy thing. (Or a boy who watches too much Curious George? Take your pick.) I love this silly machine so much I may have to give it a name! It is replacing my super rad 1983 broken electric typewriter I picked up at the thrift store for $4. May it RIP...it served its purpose well. But now it's out with the ugly and in with the cute!

Oh and one more quick thing. SNEAK PEEK! April is shaping up to be wonderful! Love the bright cheeriness of this kit!
Hope you're week is off to a great start!

8 comments:

Lexi said...

umm...that is the EXACT typewriter I have! Not even kidding!!!!!

Samantha said...

and the crazy thing is I have bid on this exact typewriter on ebay like 3 different times and still cant win it!

Amanda Smith said...

How cute!

I would like to know why I don't ever find anything good at the thrift store like you do!?!

I must be missing something.....

Have a great week! :)

Heidi Stork said...

Oh my goodness girls...the best thing about this cutie is that I got it for only $30!!!

Mandy-
it wasn't at the thrift store...but my favorite spot. ..(other than the thrift store!) I just need to come for a visit and I'll help you find some good thrifty shops :)

Holly said...

So cute and I 'heart' the color of it....I got the cutest black typewriter for Christmas from a certain mother whom must love me very much! Mine is very old and antique but it supossedly works! Cannot wait to use mine in all of my scrapbboking projects!

Erin said...

That typewriter is seriously fabulous! I'm with Amanda--I never find any good stuff at thrift stores! Also, thanks for the sneak peek--April's kit looks very spring-y!!

em said...

That store sounds awesome! I have a blue typewriter, too...though it's a bit different. And the kit??? Awesome! :) :)

Celeste said...

the april kit looks amazing heidi! i so miss working with them. i hope to start subscribing in a couple months!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates