Monday, June 8, 2009

Up close...

...and personal details about my gallery this month. This is obviously the cover of my Donna Downey canvas album by Prima. I decided to try out my Maya Road mists and practiced a few times...but found out the hard way...a little goes a loooong way. LOL. It got on the gross grain ribbon border around the edges of the book and it looked terrible. So what did I do? Covered it up of course! Which wasn't as easy as I thought it would be...I whipped out the sewing machine thinking that would work best...but found there was a sticky material in between the fabrics. This meant my needle kept getting stuck. So I ended up gluing the ribbon border on the edge. Then I cut a little scalloped piece of fabric from the kit to border my photo. I also stamped with Staz-On ink a little quote next to the cute handmade tree from the kit.


I used the Fancy Pants felt 8x8 scalloped piece and hand-stitched a border around my photo.

I traced the felt onto this piece of patterned paper and then freehand cut it just a touch smaller so that you can see a little border of felt around the edges. (I love that paper!)

This book has a mixture of canvas (fabric) pages and also clear page protectors so that you have a nice mix. I decided to throw a little paint on the background of this page...then used a Heidi Swapp mask to do a few polka dots in pink. There are just a few strips of paper added and a few buttons to finish it off!
More masking of polka dots on these pages. This time I used turquoise chalk ink. The scalloped edge around Tanner's initials is one of the rub-ons trimmed in half to make it look like a "tab" and I also used my glass tooth pick holder dipped in paint to paint the larger brown rings in the left hand corner.
I like how it looks imperfect. And on another note, I used wonder tape to glue down all of the paper and photos to the fabric. That stuff is great! I almost used the entire roll!


I added the owl rub-on to a small piece of patterned paper and painted the chipboard scalloped circle cream to frame it with. The white scalloped strip is the backside of the Pink Paisley die cut paper.
I added a little white paint to the green vine paper a border and some stitching. The finishing touch were the cute little mushroom rub-ons in the corner.
The white tabbed divider is from our January kit "Spiffy" and I added a few buttons layered together. I finished it off with a little zigzag border that I cut out freehand. This page and the last were adhered to the chipboard 8x8 Fancy Pants page included in the kit.
I used the packaging from one of the fabric houses behind the photo, I am always looking for creative ways to incorporate cute packaging. Then I added the 3 tree rub-ons to the left hand corner. In some of this book the machine sewing is only one papers and not actually attached to the fabric pages. However this all is connected to the actually page. I chose a light yellow thread so that it wouldn't be a ton of contrast on the back of the page.
I used the tan cardstock (stitched around the border again with the light yellow thread) as the backdrop for my canvas house. I added a small picture in the front door and some small buttons over the window frame and even one as a doorbell. I freehand cut a few clouds and added some of the lace trim to look like rain drops. The quote on the page coordinates saying "Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." I used the little mushroom rub-ons right onto the fabric house, working with fabric was just so much fun!
For the last page I used the Fancy Pants die cut paper as my background and cut out a few trees. The smallest tree is one of the Crate Paper rub-ons that I put on paper and then added to my little forest. I finished it off with another cloud and a small picture.

I had so much fun working with this album (you can get it as Scrapbook.com) but check your local scrapbook store first! I bought 2 of them...one at my LSS and one at scrapbook.com.

I spent 5 hours mowing the yard again today...and the turtle was nowhere in sight. So that was good, but I am off to bed! Hope you have a great night!

4 comments:

Patter Cross said...

This turned out ADORABLE! Love the mixes of fabric and canvas! Awesome!

em said...

So cute! The clouds are my favorite. :)

Joanie said...

STunning album! Thanks for going over in detail how you created each page...I just might have enough courage now to try one!

Samantha said...

Wow, this is breathtaking- love the stitching, the details are just beautiful...I want one too!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates