Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dad's Day

Well most of you already know a little about my dad...if you are a blog reader. He is my hero! He is the best dad ever...and my whole life I have felt like his princess. He taught me how to "dream" and is quite an adventurous soul. I love him like crazy!


This is an excerpt from a book called "Captivating" by John and Stasi Eldredge that I got as a gift (thanks again Traci) that pretty much sums up what I had in a father.

"She knew that her father cherished her. She was his princess. He was her knight in shining armor. He wanted to spend time with her. She knew her mother loved her and wanted her. Hers was a world where her father protected her, and her mother nurtured her, and she was enjoyed. This is the soil a girl's soul was meant to grow in; this was the garden her young heart was meant to flourish within. Every little girl should be so loved, so welcomed---seen, known, treasured. From this place she can become a strong and beautiful and confident woman."

So thank you to my Dad (and of course my mom who equally showed me love) and Happy Happy Father's Day!
I made him this silly card because of all of the bear hunts and "I'm-gonna-get-you-games" he played with not only me, but now my kids also. Thank you not just for loving me...but for showing me how to love others! Love you...your littlest girl.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

What an amazing treasure to have parents like that! A gift for sure. I hope he liked the bear card.

truleetraci said...

Oh... love the card! and just LOVE the stories about your Daddy!

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi,
the father's day package arrived
a few days ago and though i know
hE told you....i'LL tell you that
he just lOved it. he smiled at
all your added journaling and cried
at some places. thanks so much for
being a grEat daughter and for
taking the time to make father's
day special...long distance.
we both love you to bits.
trEasuring the bEar card...too cute.

Sarah Hedman said...

so glad you had a dad like that! I was not that lucky but feel blessed that i married a man who is an excellent daddy to my children. my heavenly Father is enough for me - praise God!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates