Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Feeling Crafty!

I have been scrapping up a storm in the studio...enjoying the AC...it's been really hot here the last few days and it's supposed to continue for the rest of the week. Today we went out on the slip-n-slide and the kids tried it out for the first time. Totally fun! It brought back so many childhood memories...and I don't think I'll ever be too old to hurl myself down that little piece of plastic. It made me feel young again. So I wanted to share a couple of projects that I put together. In one of my last posts (Project Wall-E) I reminded you to save the scraps of the book to add to scrapbook pages...this is what I put together with one of the scraps. Tanner went absolutely nuts about it!
It says "to know Wall-E is to love Wall-E." I used a little red button for the ball on the end of Wall-E's paddle ball game. Tanner squealed...I guess buttons are exciting.

I have had this glitter lace die cut paper by KI Memories sitting around and thought it would work well for some of the Easter photos I had laying on my desk.

This bird was raw chipboard (Scenic Route) and I painted him cream and then stamped over it with my wood grain stamp. I LIKE the way it turned out! I decided he needed a nest and so I used the green dots paper from our April kit "Serendipity" to make him one.
I added a few sparkly buttons to the flower centers to add depth.
I have no idea where I got this #72...but I LIKE It...and am glad I keep little trinkets like this around to add to pages. FUN!

Tomorrow I will be back to announce the winner of our giveaway (check yesterday's post) and also to share a few more sneak peeks of July's kit. Hope you have a great night!

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Love the felt Wall-E. Really liking the technique on the bird too. I think both pages turned out wonderful. You are a braver woman than I. I haven't thrown myself down the slip n slide just yet this summer.

Aphra said...

All of these are great! I'm in love with my woodgrain stamp and sooo excited to see a new way to use it. Precious! Be back tomorrow for the big announcement and some sneaks!

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Love the pages. I have to add that you will definately reach an age where you will not throw yourself down a slip and slide or any other such thing that will cause great pain the next day/days. Trust me I speak from experience :0)

Patter Cross said...

Great layouts! Really love how you did the bird nest. Awesome! And we are breaking our temp records everyday lately. With heat indexes, it is 110 or hotter each day. We are dying! dh just got back from India, and we are even hotter here than in India! Gracious! Have a blessed, COOL day! :)

Lexi said...

my 3 yr old little guy would have flipped over the Wall-E too!

great job on the bird & nest--looks very Amy Butler-ish :)

nothing says "summer" like some slip-n-slide action!

Mama Tuttle said...

That is an excellent use of the KI Lace!! I love that layout!!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates